Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    10" JP installed. Boat loaded with 3 men and tackle. SWS2-21P performed great, 52 mph at 5600rpm. I'm pretty happy, seeing the boat was loaded down. Now, to wait on the 21 tempest.

So the SWS hit the same rpms and speed with more load in the boat? thats really good for only adding another 4" of setback. let us know how the tempest does

3. Member
    Its been a while, I still have the 21p tempest at 3.75" below pad 59mph at 6100rpm by myself with tackle. runs about 57 with 3 people. It smokes bass boats in the rough stuff. The boats gets alot of looks. Finally happy. Well maybe. I like to go fast, so for now this will do until I can get a boat I can sit down in.

4. Member
    Sounds like the tempest is the prop. I've still got the powertech OFX3R 21pitch on my H20b with a 150vmax. I got it to 54mph with 1/2 tank, 2 people and bass fishing gear. Completely loaded, saltwater fishing, I'm running about 52. It seems as though the last 300-400 rpms the prop stops pushing and blows out. Obviously you don't have that problem now with the tempest. Did you go and purchase all these props or did you have a shop working with you? Thanks

5. Member
    Been awhile since ive been on here, been a busy year with work. I bought all the props. Not alot of shops around here, so I just went for it.

6. Member
    I've got the same setup, H22Bay with F200. I just changed to a Temptest 21p with 6" Atlas plate. Loaded down with fishing gear and ice chests, with also the wife and two kids. I ran 51.5mph @ 5900rpm, my question is how much more mph will I gain with some 4" spacers on the jackplate? And what else can I do to pick up some top end?

Thanks

7. Member
    I have the same setup H22Bay with 200 sho and cant reach but 51 MPH. It came with a 23 pitch Powertech and the dealer is sending me a 21. I'm going to try it but most probably will be prop shopping as well.

JIGALow - i wouldnt expect more than 1-2mph out of 4" spacers. At this point its more about a I4 200 vs a 22' hull its trying to lift. sounds like your prop is turning the right rpm. You had a pretty good load too so im sure with 2 people you would pick up a mph or two. My I4 200 with a 6" plate on my 22' fiberglass bay boat will run 53 WOT with 3 guys, 50 gal of gas and gear. im turning a 19 pitch yamaha reliance prop. Its made for the f200. I know i have a completely different hull but the prop is performing well

Erik - dont waste your time with powertec props. You spent all the money on that SHO, put a good prop on it. Many threads on here stating that fact

9. Member
    Seapickle you got your F200 running right! I ordered the 4" spacers and going to try to pick up couple mph's. Because we have to race to the fishing hole right?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12