Just did an interview with Gator Trax. Check it out.

There's a pic of Bill's (Original Tin) boat along with a mention of it during the conversation. Very cool!

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    There's a pic of Bill's (Original Tin) boat along with a mention of it during the conversation. Very cool!
    I saw that! They build some tough, but very good looking boats.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

Very cool.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

5. Member
    good interview and write up. Kent is great to deal with.

Bye bye Xpress if these are competitively priced

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H22BASS250SHO View Post
    Bye bye Xpress if these are competitively priced
    Gator Trax are still custom built, not an assembly line like Xpress. Noway will they be close to Xpress prices.

8. Member
    Yeah likely to never take over Xpress as they are and likely always will be custom built out of much higher quality materials so also no way they will match in price point. They may be cheaper than a Ranger but still going to be expensive. Xpress aren't so cheap either though. Just sent over my build request so we will see what the break down is and how much...

Compare apples to apples, Xpress is not cheap. When I was shopping for my boat, xpress's website stated my boat would be $29,000. This was for a H22 package. I already had my trolling motor, jack plate, GPSs, Power poles, batteries, on board charger, and everything else needed. I just wanted boat, motor, and trailer. When I went order my boat, I found out that NOTHING useful, or convenient is a standard feature. I wanted a white boat. I had to pay extra for the paint upgrade just to have a white boat. A plain white boat cost extra through express. Then I was informed because I had paid for the paint upgrade, I have to add the graphics package as well. I did not want carpet, so had to pay extra for that. I wanted my 3500 pound rig to be on a double axle trailer, so paid a lot for that. Of coarse I want a spare tire, paid extra. I didn't want all my compartment doors flying open, or slamming shut so had to pay extra for the lid lift assist shocks. I wanted an ice chest in the boat, that's extra. I know several people with the H22 hull, and it is dog slow with anything less than a 200 hp, when loaded to fish. I was expecting this cost upgrade to get a 250hp. I was more than willing to pay for this. My final price was $42,000. No one here can sit there and tell me that I couldn't go to any other boat manufacturer and get a single side console white 22' bass boat, with a 250hp engine, on a double axle trailer, with absolutely no bought accessories as I had everything already, and would be cheaper at Xpress. After I got my Xpress, and and my @ss quit hurting from the f@&$ing I got, I started pricing around, like I should've done before. If I got a custom made rig, layed out exactly as my Xpress is, with no added accessories because I already have everything, absolutely no difference in price for a better mad custom hull, white, no carpet, and sitting on a double axle trailer. The reason I went with Xpress is because I of the Internet price of $29,000. I said that is way cheaper than custom and I'm not even going to look into that. I was figuring that $29,000, because it came with accessories, would be close to the upgrade price to the 250hp, so I THOUGHT I'd come out around $34,000. Boy was I wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ZethKinnettFishing View Post
    Yeah likely to never take over Xpress as they are and likely always will be custom built out of much higher quality materials so also no way they will match in price point. They may be cheaper than a Ranger but still going to be expensive. Xpress aren't so cheap either though. Just sent over my build request so we will see what the break down is and how much...

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

10. Banned
    For some reason when I click the link I'm getting a 404 Error...anybody else having this issue?? As far as GatorTrax taking market share from Xpress...I would have to say this will never happen and its not because of price. Kent at GatorTrax told me on more than one occasion that they only build one or two of these Strike Series rigs per year. At that build rate I don't think they pose a threat to Xpress...know what I mean?

11. Member
    The link worked when it was put up. They must have had a computer crash.

BFC Marine Inc - Strike Series Aluminum Bass Boats is the link to the boats. Read the faq and read the interview, Kent says they will do virtually anything to make sure you have the boat yo want. I was impressed, and learned a lot about rounded chines and other hull stuff.

If money becomes no object, I would definitely look into a Gator Trax custom.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

12. Member
    The site my article was posted on is down. Give it a couple days if you haven't read. It's a great interview. Learned a lot myself.

13. Banned
    The link is working again!!
    Last edited by Original Tin; 06-07-2015 at 04:28 PM.

14. Member
    yup link is on again
    Last edited by ZethKinnettFishing; 06-07-2015 at 05:47 PM.