Thread: Transom

Transom

Well I couldn't leave well enough alone and glad I didn't. I got a better check of the transom on the Cajun and it was completely rotten. I pulled motor and got a real good look and Im glad I didn't put it off. I have decided to tackle this myself and will be doing the pour in from Seacast. Their customer support has been amazing and are more than willing to help in anyway. I have everything just about gutted and ready for the pour. I will keep updated on how it goes. Cant uploads pics because I dont know how to resize and I hate photobucket.

2. Member

3. Member
    This is from a 1994 Cajun? I thought all the transoms were composite by then???

4. Member
    Its a 1993 and yeah there was definitely wood. It looked more like flakes of paper. There wasn't anything solid in there at all. Th skins are good but thats it. Even the knee braces going to the transom are rotten.

5. Member
    got a 93 that has a crack in the splash well and I have been thinking the same thing, took it to the fiberglass shop and he told me that these transoms were some of the toughest made, we took a look at it when I had the top redone and it looked fine on the top no rot at all but im scared to see whats down futher on it, lol. guess ill run it another year or so and keep a close eye on it for any other signs of deterioration. good luck with the pour.
    2012 Nitro Z8. 2021 250 pro xs 23 fury. Minnkota ultrex . 8' power poles. still learning how to drive it at 3.75 below pad.

6. Member
    Just recieved the Seacast yesterday. Hopefully I will get to pour this weekend. I will update with results when done.

7. Member
    I used Seacast when i did my stringers and transom. Sabine and her staff are quality people!!! I love my Cajun and Seacast made it even better!!!

8. Member
    Well I poured Sunday evening and it was pretty easy and straight forward. Seems solid, I mounted engine back today and can jump on motor and there is zero flex. I can hopefully put in the water in a few days and give it a test run.

9. Member
    any feed back on the fix?
    2012 Nitro Z8. 2021 250 pro xs 23 fury. Minnkota ultrex . 8' power poles. still learning how to drive it at 3.75 below pad.

10. Member
    pour turned out nice and results are even better. Transom is solid with zero flex. Very happy with the results