pontoon audio question

I am looking to upgrade my current stereo on the pontoon, since it is currently not operable. I want to put at least one subwoofer on it, but don't know how I will get the power I will need to listen to music for a good part of the day without draining my batteries completely. I have a Johnson 70 VRO outboard for it if that helps. I have looked everywhere online to get some help about this and the only thing I find is that people put subwoofers on bayliners and those types of boats. Is it possible to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Steve (AKA-little Mike Iaconelli) Owen

It is possible, Many pontoons come from the factory with sub and amp combos, and I have added them to older boats as well. Its the same as if you were installing it in a car, you have to have a power source with large gauge wires run directly from the battery to the amplifier. you can rig up a second battery, and use it for your sub and amp, if you do I would recommend a 1/2/all switch or just use the battery on board, but understand a mp will drain a lot of power. If the big motor is not running, you are not charging or maintaining a charge in your battery. Walmart sells amp install kits, but the cables are pretty low quality. I'd recommend going to a local stereo shop, have your measurements of how much cable you will need, and buy a kit or bulk wiring from them. From there its a s simple as running RCA cables and a "remote" or turn on wire to the radios harness, and wiring up the speaker to the amp. You will want to mount your speaker box off the floor and the amp to the box. A simple 90 degree bend in a piece of aluminum will get the box off the floor, and wont absorb water if the deck and carpet get rained on.

OK, thanks a lot Josh* I appreciate it!
    Steve (AKA-little Mike Iaconelli) Owen