Question NEED HELP!! FRUSTRATED 2000 Mercury 200 EFI Blown Powerhead

Long story short, my powerhead blew on my 2000 Mercury 200 EFI last summer (2014) My marina guy said he could get me deal from his buddies boat for a powerhead. He got the motor and said its a 4 stroke so it wont fit on mine. He hasn't been able to get any parts from the guy so he supposively just has the powerhead sitting in his shop... I paid $2500 for this powerhead... What do i need to do to get this to work. He said it is a mercury 200 4Stroke and it wont fit on my lower unit. I have been patient for long enough i need some ammo to go talk face to face to him tomorrow and get this settled or get my money back
    Nitro 901 CDX 200 Mercury EFI Motor Serial: 0T143312

2. Member
    could he be mistaken and mean it is a DFI? Or did he really get a verado powerhead... Need help please!!!!!

3. Banned
    what's the SN, Don can identify exactly what you have, SN# of both powerheads would be ideal, however, you're either going to have to get a powerhead for the blown motor OR get a lower unit for the 4 stroke. Having a SN off that 4 stroke will help Don pinpoint what lower unit you need. http://www.bbcboards.net/mercury-mot...al-number.html.

By the way, I'd go somewhere else for motor help.

4. Member
    My motor serial is 0T143312 i will be going to the shop today and will get serial.
    Would it be smart to keep the motor head and buy potentially a new lower unit for it or sell it for more than i purchased it for and then get new powerhead for my current motor?

5. Member
    Without knowing what the other motor actually is, it's impossible to answer your questions.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Without knowing what the other motor actually is, it's impossible to answer your questions.
    +1

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor