Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wiring Diagram, 1997 202

Hey Guys, I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a '97 202. Trying to chase down some gremlins. Thanks!

Wish I could help you out.

3. Member
    Well you may still be able to. When you replace that aerator pump, take a couple of shots of your livewell plumbing. I've got a stray hose that I cant figure out where it goes. I don't know if it's a aux. bilge, or a pump out. Thanks.

Coming at you again . . .

Looks just like this.

6. Member
    As usual, Champion Family to the rescue...You guys are my heroes.

7. Member
    MMosher, what is that third pump in the bilge area? I see your auto float bilge and live well fill at the back. but what is the horizontal pump, first pump behind the live well? Second bilge? Also, my aerator pump is a Rule. Looks like yours is a Johnson(Mayfair). Same year and model as mine, so not sure why they're different. My plumbing is also arranged in a different order than yours from top to bottom.

P.S. Sorry for the hijack! I hate it when I do that!!
    Dustin W. - Alvin, Tx
    1996 ChampioN 202 Elite DCX
    Mercury 225 EFI

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    The pump on the livewell wall is the Hydro Air pump. Bubbles water in well. Others are Aerator which brings water in from lake. Then a manual bilge pump. 4th might be automatic bilge pump. I do not know where my pump-out pump is, so cannot speak to the 4th pump in the photo with any certainty. Not sure of order of the three lower pumps...I probably have them out of sequence.

9. Member
    Bilge layout.jpg Here's my layout. Not sure what layout OP has. Maybe the hijack will be of assistance to him.
    Dustin W. - Alvin, Tx
    Mercury 225 EFI

10. Member
    Dustin, no worries. Actually, I have your exact set-up. I've added an auto switch for the bilge pump (1,000gph). I had an extra hose poking into the area by the Hydro pump and couldn't figure out what it's purpose was. Turns out (with the use of a fish tape) it was a drain hose for the starboard storage box, just outside of the livewell lid.

11. Member
    Are you talking about the small wet storage boxes on each side? If so, I though they just drained to the bilge area. I thought the extra hose was a livewell overflow. Did you have to add a whole new pump base or just the cartridge? I thought I read somewhere that to go to a 1000gph pump, that I'd have to increase my plumbing size.
    Dustin W. - Alvin, Tx
    Mercury 225 EFI

12. Member
    It had a 1,000 gph bilge pump in it, I'm assuming it was so equipped at the factory. I just replaced the cartridge, as I did with the aerator pump (500 gph), and the Hydro pump (750 gph). Yes, the wet storage box on the starboard side drains into the bilge directly behind the livewell. I used a fishtape to determine it's origin. I'll try and post some pics tomorrow of my layout.

13. Member
    Hmmmm, my bilge is a 500 and livewell is a 750. Not sure on aerator. Looking at the wiring job, they may have been replaced, with lower pumping capacities, at sometime by a previous owner. Wires are tangled and would need to be cut to untangle them. Looks like a bubba redneck job. Wire crimps are not sealed and just looks really crappy. Surely the factory would not have sent out a boat looking like that!
    Dustin W. - Alvin, Tx
    Mercury 225 EFI

14. Member
    Lea, would you happen to have any specs on '96-'97 202 livewell and bilge pumps?

15. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DustinW72 View Post
    MMosher, what is that third pump in the bilge area?
    It appears to me that it is labeled Livewell pumpout

Quote Originally Posted by drdriver View Post
    Lea, would you happen to have any specs on '96-'97 202 livewell and bilge pumps?
    What kind of specs? All the pumps were 500gph with the possible exception of the bilge. It may have been 750-800gph.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    What kind of specs? All the pumps were 500gph with the possible exception of the bilge. It may have been 750-800gph.
    My bilge is a 500 gph, so they're opposite. I'm beginning to think that they may have been replaced and maybe they were accidentally swapped when they put the new cartridges in.
    Dustin W. - Alvin, Tx
    Mercury 225 EFI

17. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Reggie asked....what specs?

18. Member
    gph?

Quote Originally Posted by drdriver View Post
    gph?
    Gallons Per Hour.
    IBEW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast