Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
  1. Member
    WELL GOT MY 300 ECM PUT ON AN RAN IT WITH A 26FXP, ME @300 OTHER GUY@180, FULL FUEL, ALL MY GEAR, 3 BLUE TOP 31S, ONE 27, RAN 72-73 @6000 RPM, BUMPED 74 ONCE @6050 RPM. THAT ABOUT 8-9 MPH OVER THE 200.
    ZX250 300SHO

Does the ECU retain all previous history when they do the reflash?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
    Does the ECU retain all previous history when they do the reflash?
    Yes

Thanks Willie.

5. Member
    WELL I TOOK MY MOTOR IN FOR A SERVICE AN THEY PULLED THE HOURS AN IT SHOWED 12K HOURS!!!! AN HAD 33 OVER REVS AN 25 OVER HEATS AN 30 LOW OIL PRESSURES, AN 3 CODES THAT MADE NO SENSE AT AT, THEY WHERE NOT CODES THAT EXIST, CALL SIMON AN THEY SAID THAT ITS NOT ON THEIR END THAT THEY CANT CHANGE THE HOURS, CALLED BACK AN THEY ARE GOING TO SEND ME A NEW ECM, DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSED THIS BUT IM SURE IT WAS IN THEIR PROGRAMMING. ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS OR CHECK THEIR HOURS AFTER THEY FLASHED?
    ZX250 300SHO

6. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duramax82 View Post
    WELL I TOOK MY MOTOR IN FOR A SERVICE AN THEY PULLED THE HOURS AN IT SHOWED 12K HOURS!!!! AN HAD 33 OVER REVS AN 25 OVER HEATS AN 30 LOW OIL PRESSURES, AN 3 CODES THAT MADE NO SENSE AT AT, THEY WHERE NOT CODES THAT EXIST, CALL SIMON AN THEY SAID THAT ITS NOT ON THEIR END THAT THEY CANT CHANGE THE HOURS, CALLED BACK AN THEY ARE GOING TO SEND ME A NEW ECM, DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSED THIS BUT IM SURE IT WAS IN THEIR PROGRAMMING. ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS OR CHECK THEIR HOURS AFTER THEY FLASHED?
    I have had ZERO issues with the HYDRO-TEC programming...Simon not so much.....

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

You outghta be one heck of a fisherman, spending that much time on the water and such.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

What kind of issues with the Simon flash? You can pm me if you want, but I'm sure others like me with the Simon flashed ECU would like to know what to be on the heads up for. Knock on wood, so far no issues here, but I never did raise my stock rev limit....

Quote Originally Posted by StrokerSmoker View Post
    I have had ZERO issues with the HYDRO-TEC programming...Simon not so much.....

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

My best 3 runs in the lake this morning.... I shifted some weight to better balance my boat and it got a good bit easier to drive. 80.5mph was what I got with 30+ gallons of fuel and my livewell full for ballast.

Attached Images Attached Images

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

Are you using the network with any electronics like Lowrance or Hummingbird, etc

11. Member
    I am I the market to have my Yamaha flashed and found this thread. In all the research I have done to date online this thread has been the most helpful. I wanted to ask a few questions though.

First, I have a 2016 skeeter fx21 with Yamaha 250 SHO and the 25 T1 that came with it. I run a light tournament load compared to most: with just me (220lbs), 8 rods, light tackle with light soft plastics etc., life jacket, net, rain suit, live wells full and gas tanks full, in optimal conditions I can turn 5,900 rpm and run right at 70.5.

I have been told by other similar skeeter boat owners I should be running a tad bit faster but every boat is different and honestly you never know what/who to believe when they tell you what they are running.

So if I were to flash my ecu, again knowing all boats and drivers are factored in, would it likely be best to raise the rev limiter some from the current 6,200 to maybe 6,400 and then pitch up to a 27 instead of the 25 to get the most out of the top end?

For those that have done something similar, pitching up that is, by reading this thread I can see most gained at least 6mph but what affect, if any, did it have on the hole shot?

Also, when flashed, can you easily tell, without any other modifications, that the motor is stronger?

I only gained about 2-3 MPH on top with the flash (250-->300)(Xpress X21)...Couldn't really notice a hole shot difference. I was expecting more top end (4-5 mph)...I went from a 25 T1 to a 27 T1. Wayne and his staff are top notch people to deal with though.

Reviving this old thread to see if anyone has figured out anything on the "flat spot." 5750-5800ish rpm's is it. I can squeeze 6K with a 26 pitch OT4, but loose a little on top. I have ran this engine from even to 1.5" above with a 1.62 gear and a Bravo 28 and a Pro Max 28. It seems to be the same story with this flash and most from what I have read. Could I have a bad TPS or something? Like many have posted it screams up to 5500 and then just settles in.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112