Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    650 plug and play. you will need a new prop. its a three day process to send in,flash and get back. easy deal and worth it!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GM250 View Post
    Man this tread got quiet any updates
    I have to apologize; I thought you were talking out of turn here but everything you have posted about the reflash is right on the money.
    My engine will pull any prop up to 5700 rpms but I have yet to install a low enough pitch to get it to spin past 6000 rpm's. I have 1.62 gears so that hurting the hunt for the right prop at the moment. In 95 degree heat with a loaded boat it ran over 91 mph with a 29 ProMax but it's barely running at 5700 rpm's. I'm going to drop down to a 25 pitch ProMax which should allow the engine to spin past 6500 rpm's in the summer heat. We'll see...........

One other thing; I was running an experimental ProMax that Lee Sanderson is working on and it's a stock 29 as far as blade shape and it ran 6% slip numbers. That's with both Glenn Reynolds and Lee Sanderson driving my boat on two separate days in 95 degree heat.

HydroTec.jpg
    Last edited by scj; 06-27-2015 at 07:42 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    I have to apologize; I thought you were talking out of turn here but everything you have posted about the reflash is right on the money.
    My engine will pull any prop up to 5700 rpms but I have yet to install a low enough pitch to get it to spin past 6000 rpm's. I have 1.62 gears so that hurting the hunt for the right prop at the moment. In 95 degree heat with a loaded boat it ran over 91 mph with a 29 ProMax but it's barely running at 5700 rpm's. I'm going to drop down to a 25 pitch ProMax which should allow the engine to spin past 6500 rpm's in the summer heat. We'll see...........

One other thing; I was running an experimental ProMax that Lee Sanderson is working on and it's a stock 29 as far as blade shape and it ran 6% slip numbers. That's with both Glenn Reynolds and Lee Sanderson driving my boat on two separate days in 95 degree heat.

HydroTec.jpg
    cool keep running it see what you can get out of it . look forward to your progress it makes good power to 7k

4. Member
    cool keep running it see what you can get out of it . look forward to your progress it makes good power to 7k
    I don't want to muddy up SCJ thread but just a quick question again on the limiter, do they automatically run it to 7k or can you keep the stock setting? CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

5. Banned
    He can leave it stock

6. Member
    the only thing that comes up on Ecu is over rev and how many times .

7. Member
    What type of realistic gain would I expect if I did the 300 tune with stock limiter on my 225 SHO? Id rather ask here than Simon. Thanks

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverking View Post
    What type of realistic gain would I expect if I did the 300 tune with stock limiter on my 225 SHO? Id rather ask here than Simon. Thanks
    Roughly 75 horsepower. The gains will be extremely noticeable. Depending on what boat you are running will determine how much speed you will gain.

9. Member
    If you are to do the flash wait for more feed back from bbc guys. you will find the power and speed will be greater up higher in the rev 6500 plus .

10. Member
    The engine makes incredible torque on the bottom and will pull any prop you throw at it but it's going to stop pulling that big prop at 5700 rpm's. I had 700 pounds of people in my boat plus 75 pounds of shot with a full tank of fuel and all my fishing gear less rods. With 1.62 gears and a 29 ProMax, it planed out in 3 to 4 seconds. The engine is a monster on the bottom! I can only imagine what it would do with 1.75 gears.

I did buy a new 25 ProMax that allowed me to break the 5700 to 5800 rpm barrier I was hitting. I ran the boat up to 88.2 at 6230 rpm's with plenty of throttle left but that's as fast as I'll go with my wife in the boat.
    I tried a stock 27 ProMax and it hit the wall at 88 mph turning 5800 rpm's.......That was at 95 degree temperatures.

With the 25" prop, I was able to get the efficiency I was looking for at cruising speeds. Running the bigger props which is lugging the engine, I was getting terrible fuel readings.
    Last edited by scj; 06-30-2015 at 07:09 AM.

Hypothetically , would you be able to swap your ECU with simeone who hasn't flashed? Say for instance I didn't flash yet, but thinking hard about. Would I be able to test someone's ECU on my engine that has been flashed, just to see if its worth the trouble? I know if I had the 200SHO, it would be no question, but I'm curious to know if there really is any significant gains flashing my 250, while leaving the rev limit alone, not increasing to 7000. My set up already has a killer hole shot. I really can't see it getting any better. I'm turning a 26 tempest plus 6080RPMs@ 76mph. Just curious if its worth my time to flash. It may help my slip numbers decrease and potentially turn a larger pitch prop, but I am more targeted to hole shot, than trying to squeeze another 1-4mph out of my rig.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

12. Member
    Yes you can swap ecu to test . if you have more rpm range you can drop pitch and come out stronger out the hole. Also increase top end
    Last edited by GM250; 06-30-2015 at 09:20 AM.

13. Member
    Is anyone running the stock limiter or are most guys at 7000? My motor only has 4 hrs and has 6 yrs of warranty. Im all for the gains but I dont want to lose my warranty. I understand it is a risk either way but I would feel safer with the stock limiter. I am not looking for huge top end gains but I would like to be able to turn my current prop at higher rpms instead of spending over $650 buying and selling props until I find the right one. Thanks for all the replies and sorry if I am derailing the thread, just trying to get more info.

14. Member
    At 4 hours you should still be in break in treat it right. Try someones flashed ecu see if you like it after the break in is done .takes 10 min to switch

15. Member
    Watch what scj does he will set the bar .just remember every boat is different dont expect the exact out come. It will take time to find the perfect setup but when he does he wiill be really happy.also sho has less issues with humidity but yes it will still pull hp out of the motor hazy hot is a killer on motors. So keep it on your mind when testing also octain and water temp . Your motor will pull timing out if your not running 93.

it is worth every penny! i left mine at stock rpm and it jumps out of the hole and pulls hard. i gained 5mph and my gas mileage is much better when im not running wide open.

17. Banned
    Watch what scj does he will set the bar .just remember every boat is different dont expect the exact out come. It will take time to find the perfect setup but when he does he wiill be really happy.also sho has less issues with humidity but yes it will still pull hp out of the motor hazy hot is a killer on motors. So keep it on your mind when testing also octain and water temp . Your motor will pull timing out if your not running 93.
    So if the ecu has been flashed you should run 93 octane? Never. Heard that before but would make since

18. RIP -April 30,2023
    pretty impressive dyno chart!

19. Banned
    very impressive but what does it mean at the prop? according to the chart at 6000 its pulling about 330hp.

I use premium ethanol free gas, because that is my only option for ethanol free. It is stamped 91 octane tho.... Where are you guys finding a 93 octane ethanol free? The station I go to with my boat has only 91 octane premium in ethanol free. It has 10% ethanol gas in regular, plus, and premium, but the octane ratings are 87, 89, and 91 respectively.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast