Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zdavis5634 View Post
    you guys know your stuff but lost me! will my 27ti that is being turned at 5900 running 71 loaded really get me to 80 mph? i will post results late next week!
    Not during the summer months but you should be very close when it cools off. You should definitely see mid to upper 70's. It will be a noticeable gain. Maybe not as much as mine bc I went from 200to300 on a boat that's designed for speed. But you will gain more with the ECU flash than any other upgrade.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GM250 View Post

on the Dyno end is there a drag on motor setting if so that can change dyno read out if it's set low it will put up better numbers ? would like to know more on that any feed back guys?

as far as 354 hp at crank I don't know what I can say is 21 super 300hpdi went 87 to 88 with sho with Ecu went 87 to 88 I here hpdi makes 280 mabe 290 any feedback on this also ?
    You'll have to call HydroTec and question their integrity about how they calibrate their equipment. No two dyno's read the exact numbers but I seriously doubt they'll chance their reputation to squeeze a better number.

3. RIP -April 30,2023
    354hp out of a modified 4.2 sho is believable to me. waynes dyno measures crankshaft hp. they are always trying new stuff and have done some pretty wicked stuff with the carbed, ox66, hpdi and 3L mercs. the 3L 2 stroke yammis are making close to 400 and mercs over 400 so it wouldnt surprise me that the big 4 stroke is making that kind of power.

4. Member
    guy I'm not saying it's not making good hp Im saying that sho with Ecu mod runs really close to hpdi 300. hpdi makes 280 to 290 we had both motors on same boats testing just had to change pitch as I said in earlier posts.

if your running sho with Ecu mod over 2150 your Ecu will say over rev hope this answers pm messages

5. Banned
    you guys know your stuff but lost me! will my 27ti that is being turned at 5900 running 71 loaded really get me to 80 mph? i will post results late next week!
    You asking for something with limited if any info available.
    Lighter boats will respond much better to speeds. Fx21 is a heavy boat so you won't see any eye popping numbers. My best guess is that you will gain maybe 3-5 mph at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    You asking for something with limited if any info available.
    Lighter boats will respond much better to speeds. Fx21 is a heavy boat so you won't see any eye popping numbers. My best guess is that you will gain maybe 3-5 mph at most.
    i think that is all anyone is doing is guessing. 5 mph would put it at 80 with just me light load and i would be happy with that! i will post results tomorrow with the 27ti and next week with the worked 25ti. i told mark what it is for and he feels like when he is done with the 25 it will be the best prop for this boat. we are trying to keep it around 6000 rpm

took the boat out today and what a difference! ran a little under 6100 rpm at 76.2 mph with just me and full load. jumped out of the hole and gets to 70 fast! this is with the 27ti that i purchased used off bbc that they said had been worked by mark. i should have my 25ti that mark has added cup and balanced next week and hope to see even better results. i think i could be very close to 80 in the winter!

Not bad. Are you going to send off ECU for flash? I too am at the 75-76mph mark, bumping the limiter with a 25 tempest plus, with 10% slip. I sent my prop off to be worked. I have considered the flash, but keep talking myself out of it. Please post numbers if you do.

QUOTE=zdavis5634;6235147]took the boat out today and what a difference! ran a little under 6100 rpm at 76.2 mph with just me and full load. jumped out of the hole and gets to 70 fast! this is with the 27ti that i purchased used off bbc that they said had been worked by mark. i should have my 25ti that mark has added cup and balanced next week and hope to see even better results. i think i could be very close to 80 in the winter![/QUOTE]

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

that is with the flash

Ok cool. About how long did it take to get it back? Can you post or PM me with the details and specifics of removing the ECU itself and re-installing it?

that is with the flash

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

take off the plastic cover on the back of the motor which covers the ecu. take off 4 screws and overnight to simons.they will flash and send back. three day process

12. Member
    took the boat out today and what a difference! ran a little under 6100 rpm at 76.2 mph with just me and full load. jumped out of the hole and gets to 70 fast! this is with the 27ti that i purchased used off bbc that they said had been worked by mark. i should have my 25ti that mark has added cup and balanced next week and hope to see even better results. i think i could be very close to 80 in the winter!
    like I said buddy drop two pitch and run it you will love it

13. Member
    like I said buddy drop two pitch and run it you will love it
    Did he have them raise the rev limiter to be able to run a 25 pitch? CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

14. Member
    Post 29 said he has the flash

15. Member
    Post 29 said he has the flash
    Correct, but I was under the impression that you had to ask them to raise the limiter also? Otherwise they left it at the stock setting. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

16. Member
    Man this tread got quiet any updates

put the ti 25 that mark worked and turned 6000 rpms and ran 72.5 with two 230lb guys and 30 gallons of gas. i think the ti 27 is the prop for this boat.

18. Member
    put the ti 25 that mark worked and turned 6000 rpms and ran 72.5 with two 230lb guys and 30 gallons of gas. i think the ti 27 is the prop for this boat.
    run the 25 again with same load as last time need to get rev to 6600 your not getting all the power yet

i left my rev limit at stock settings. it has all the power, with stock prop it would easily turn over the rev limit rpm.

Just curious. How much does the ecu flash cost? Is it plug and play afterwords?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast