Nitro trailer step report

I am short.... well relatively. I am certainly shorter than the person they designed the bow height of this boat for! I was having to really reach from the bow to get my foot securely on the trailer step. So, I broke down and bought the $196 step and pole that install on the winch stand. I have to tell you it is outstanding. If I had it to do over again I would have ordered it with the boat. Simply amazed at how easy it is to get out of the boat.

I fish 90% on my own and 60%f that at night. $196 is a real value compared to falling off the boat at the ramp.

2. Member
    d91: whom did you buy your step and handle through may I ask because here in Fortworth there like $ 600.00? I have short syndrome also. I have a 2012 z8 and would really like to have one of the steps.

3. Member
    d91: I m wondering where you bought your step and handle for your boat because I also have the short mans syndrome and it would be nice to have one that would fit. Here In Fortworth Texas they run around $600.00? I ordered one that had the 3 steps and handle and it's build great but just too big and couldn't move my boat in a tight place with the steps, So just boxed them up and there in the garage for what ever. I have a z8 2012 so I been told the step and handle will fit. Thanks for your information. Larry.

4. Member
    Where did you get the pole from

5. Member
    I got it from the Tracker Parts counter at Bass Pro in Concord, NC. I know that Sevierville, TN store had them in stock also. They tried to mail me one but used an old address. It was $256 shipped from them. Box is big. I suggest calling all the BPS around you til you find one that has it in stock.

6. Member
    The pole came with the step.

7. Banned
    Did you get it from here?

https://www.poledanzer.com/

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by d91 View Post
    I am short.... well relatively. I am certainly shorter than the person they designed the bow height of this boat for! I was having to really reach from the bow to get my foot securely on the trailer step. So, I broke down and bought the $196 step and pole that install on the winch stand. I have to tell you it is outstanding. If I had it to do over again I would have ordered it with the boat. Simply amazed at how easy it is to get out of the boat.

I fish 90% on my own and 60%f that at night. $196 is a real value compared to falling off the boat at the ramp.

what boat? will it work on a z18 2021?

9. Member
    Agreed! Those steps on Nitro trailers are awesome! I got lucky when I bought mine about 2 years ago for $160 at BP in Prattville, AL.

10. Member
    My fishing partner picked up one from Bass Pro for his 2011 Z8. He had to modify to make it fit his older trailer. You can see the extensions on the back of the step he made. He did this to keep from drilling through the post under the winch where the u-bolts connect around the pillar. My 2015 came with the step and that's what sold him on putting on his boat.

Nitro Z8_Step.jpg

11. Member
    6’2” and I ordered my step from tracker marine as well, simply the best thing ever when launching solo.
    '21 Silverado 1500 Duramax
    '12 Nitro Z9 Mercury ProXs 250
    Power Pole
    Lowrance
    Elite Rods
    Venom Lures