Nitro Z7 Sport F&S finally where I want it!

boat (6).jpgboat (7).jpgboat (8).jpgboat (9).jpgboat (10).jpgboat (11).jpgboat (12).jpgboat (13).jpg Finally got the F&S where I want it since I mostly fish. Windshield replaced with plexiglass. Rod Holders added to front and rear. Rear middle seat replaced with step made of custom size ordered 3/4" cutting board; industrial velcro on it so I can pull it out and throw the seat back in when needed. Can't wait to get on the water this weekend!

Congrats! Looks good - now go catch some fish.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

Nicely done...boat looks great!!
    99 Coral 202
    99 Merc 225 EFI
    917c & 997SI Birds

4. Member
    sweet dude, clean looking rig
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

5. Member
    Nice job! Next you need to make a deck extension for that huge space by your front deck! It makes a HUGE difference! I built one - and absolutely love it.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

6. Member
    Looks good for sure.

7. Member
    I saw that and it's definitely on the "to do list," my rod locker is under there so I have to sit down and draw up a plan.

8. Member
    I just cut a board, carpeted it - and it's pressure fit in that space. I store a tackle bag under it......but I can lift/remove it whenever I need to. Works like a champ!
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

9. Member
    I love these forums! Everything I think of, someone has done it and I get great ideas!

10. Member
    I'll take a pic this weekend, if you wanna see what/how I did it.......
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

11. Member
    If you post it I will take a look. There is one in the thread titled Reata Front Deck Insert and a couple more in some other forums.

12. Member
    Looks awesome!!

13. Member
    Thanks! I've made my deck extension for the front deck and my new trailer wheels should be here Wednesday. I was supposed to be finished but this site is causing me to spend more and more money!

14. Member
    Nice job! I have an earlier Nitro Sport. Very similar to your rig. You may want to look at extensions for your rod holders, it made using long handled rods much easier. What did you use for that middle rear seat step? Worst design by Nitro was the rear seating w/o a step. Every one steps on the seat getting off the rear deck. After getting the middle seat re-upholstered twice I finally kept one of the side seats off the boat. But then your are getting down behind the passenger seat. I love your idea. Can you still access the cooler?

15. Member
    The step is a a custom sized cutting board that I ordered from cuttingboardcompany.com. On there website you can customize the size, color, thickness, round the corners, etc... I aligned velcro on the cutting board and the bottom of the seat so that when I swap them out they fit on the same velcro. The cooler is still usable. I opted for velcro instead of hinges so that I wouldn't have to use the screws everytime I swap them out. Just go with the good industrial strength velcro if you use it.

I do need to add the rod holder extensions for the back, the front works well.
    Last edited by jackballin; 06-02-2015 at 10:51 AM.

16. Member
    Ive got the same boat - where did you get the plexiglass windscreens from - generic??

17. Member
    nice set up! I have the same boat and was wondering where you got the windshield replacements as well!?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB' View Post
    nice set up! I have the same boat and was wondering where you got the windshield replacements as well!?
    Sorry for the late reply but I haven't been on the site lately because I sold the boat. I got the windshield from Great Lakes Skipper. It wasn't custom for the boat, I just searched for what I thought would fit based on the dimensions and took a chance.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCASTER! View Post
    Nice job! Next you need to make a deck extension for that huge space by your front deck! It makes a HUGE difference! I built one - and absolutely love it.
    I was going to say the same thing. I have one I made for my Champ out of wood for now and it is amazing what a difference that extra 1 to 2 sq ft of flat deck makes.

20. Member
    Very nice