Lightbulb Auto tritm/tilt ?

I was wondering to install a switch that when you hit it, the motor will tilt all the way up automatically? I fish shallow most of the times and in rocky bottom most of the time, so when i get up to fish i always trim tilt the motor all the way up.. its takes lke 10 seconds but when im in a tournament those 10 sec are hell...

looking for a way to tweak this... any ideas?

Nitro NX882 2000
    Mercury 150 XR6 2000

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Not to be a wise guy, but as you approach a fishing spot, start trimming up. Before the boat stops moving, you will be at full tilt.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    I'm sure there is a timer out there somewhere that would work..
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    225 Optimax

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Not to be a wise guy, but as you approach a fishing spot, start trimming up. Before the boat stops moving, you will be at full tilt.
    I do trim before i get to the spot but i let the prop in the water so i can move forward... when i shut the boat off then i trim it all the way up for the prop to be above water... then with the TM i get in the exact spot where i want to be...

5. Member
    Do you just not want to sit at the console? Install a trim switch up on the bow. Step on the up button. Works for me.

http://www.amazon.com/T-H-Marine-Tra...lt+trim+switch

Quote Originally Posted by ArtTricks View Post
    I do trim before i get to the spot but i let the prop in the water so i can move forward... when i shut the boat off then i trim it all the way up for the prop to be above water... then with the TM i get in the exact spot where i want to be...
    Why do you need the prop to be above water ?

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Why do you need the prop to be above water ?
    Yeah, I don't get this either. I see guys all the time with their props tilted out of the water, and I wonder whether they realize the entire boat is at least a foot under the water. Not to mention that with the entire lower unit in the air, the boat spins like a kite with every gust of wind.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Yeah, I don't get this either. I see guys all the time with their props tilted out of the water, and I wonder whether they realize the entire boat is at least a foot under the water. Not to mention that with the entire lower unit in the air, the boat spins like a kite with every gust of wind.
    thats about right.... i'm just over carefull cause I fish real shallow in boulders... i try not to trim all the way for a while and ill see if i like it...