1999 Mercury 200 EFI fuel problems?

Good Morning! I recently purchased a 99 model Procraft with a Mercury 200 EFI that had been sitting for 13 years (I know horrible on it). The first thing I did was drain the tank and check all the fuel lines for cracks and gunk in them (none to be seen). I changed the Fuel filter/water seperator (which was nasty), impeller, fluids in lower unit, and took the VST tank off and cleaned everything out of it (gross as well). I also cleaned the the high pressure fuel pump with filter to the best of my ability in the VST tank. So this is where my problem resides. ...

The motor will start and idle great, so I took it to the lake to let the fresh fuel with seafoam run through it. The motor will run great and then all of a sudden bog down like it is starving for fuel when it is at full throttle for like 30 secs and then go back to "full" power and then bog down. I checked the fuel pressure and it seemed to have 30 psi throughout the whole process. If I pull back the throttle it runs fine again and could idle forever.

So my question is...is 30 psi too low and this is causing the engine to starve? If so, is the high pressure pump bad, or could it be something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!

2. Banned
    Can't check fuel lines - REPLACE them - 13 years or 3 years, its way past due and you'll continue to get junk in your "trunk" making to start all over again.

by the way Welcome to the BBC - but please note sticky posts for the various forums (especially this one) http://www.bbcboards.net/mercury-mot...al-number.html

Now having said that - start here - don't pass GO, do EVERYTHING at one time or you'll be back complaining some more http://www.bbcboards.net/mercury-3-l...tem-first.html

Need your serial number.....
    If you didnt replace all of your fuel hoses and bulb, you will have to clean everything again. Those old hoses are going to fill your filters back up with junk.

Remove your regulator from top of vst, there is a filter there. Judging by your other comments, I'm sure it is clogged as well and it will affect your fuel pressure.

I would also recommend you get your injectors serviced.

Put in a rebuild kit in your low pressure pump, it is what fills the vst.

New spark plugs and water pump kit as well.
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    ^^^ ALL good advise above

I would STRONGLY recommend you not even START this engine again until the injectors have been PROPERLY cleaned, serviced, and calibrated.

For information and/or a Service Request Form, visit: INTEGRITY Injection

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Okiefish70 View Post
    I bought a 1999/2000 champion with a merc 200 efi, from my father in law just a couple years after he had a new power head installed,(my first boat) but i recently have had a problem getting up on plane as i step on the hotfoot, the engine only gets to high idle and if i hold it there for a few seconds sometimes it will rev up and jump right up on plane. I took it out a couple weekends ago and couldnt get it to plane at all so i fished around close then when it was time to get back to the ramp i squeezed the primer bulb back up firm just to see if it would make a difference ,I started the motor and launched her right up on plane with no problems. I havent done any investigative maintence other than replacing a couple of small fuel? lines? that had cracked out on the end and were just hanging but that didnt make a difference so im still kind of at square one, and dont have the money to take to a mechanic so im doing the work myself ( i can work on automobile engines ) but the outboard motors are a mystery to me as i learn little by little.
    Start a new thread on your issue, No hiJacking… get very confusing when this is done
    Thank You Leon Pugh