Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Out of all th patients I have ran on 5 hat were 90 to 100 yrs old or older all took no daily medications. Seems to be something they have in common.
    My wife has a 102 year old great grandfather. Lives alone, still gets on the tractor and combine, still drives a 4 wheeler and just recently went and bought a brand new jeep at 101. He took me for a ride in it last summer. Still a gun shooting fool too! Is suppose to have a hearing aid but lost it and refuses to pay what one cost. Aside from that he is healthy as can be. Unreal! When this man talks a person needs to listen. Lots of Knowledge.

2. Member
    Wow !..... am I the only guy on this whole thread” that is the complete opposite ?... I feel like crap” when I haven’t fished in awhile!, I get out on the water” & start moving around “ I actually feel physically better ? yes “ I will be dead tired, after fishing hard all day” but I feel like I have loosened up “ arthritis has gone away “ back feels better , sleep better also !

3. Member
    Chronic gout. Had it in both feet, right knee and left elbow all at the same time a couple of months ago. Gout pills do nothing. Better relief soaking in Epson salt water and drinking cherry juice. And constant dizziness and the doc have no answer. Hell when you are 70

Wonder how many people have new ailments since this thread started.
    "Do not believe everything you read or see on the internet" -- Abraham Lincoln.

5. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I see this post is from 2015 Oh well. I am one of the lucky ones so far. Knock on wood. I'm 62 and have never been in a hospital, don't need any medications and feel pretty good all the time. Just had a wellness exam and the Doctor told me to keep doing what I've been doing as I'm good to go. I guess that means drink more beer.

Dale Sinclair original

6. Member
    71 here, been afflicted by most all the aforementioned ailments plus heart attacks and stenosis surgery. Sold my Ranger, down to an old jon. For the most part have switched to crappie/bream but I still throw at 'em. Long pole will come later. Go to the gym, resistance, core and stretching along with your cardio. A proper diet would be better too no doubt, but I'm fighting that part. You'll feel better and will be able to continue doing what you love. To me fishing is all about the figuring out and less about the species, just getting to go and have fun. Good luck, but we all know there comes a time

7. Member
    I'm 71...feel your pain. Father time never loses a battle. Main thing to me is that I enjoyed ever trip and still do.

I have had to change fishing style and fish soft plastics more often than crank baits. Just getting the Ranger on the lake is enjoyable.

8. Member
    I'm 50 and I can't think of a thing I can't do. Thankfully I'm in great athletic condition.

9. Member
    Wow!! I am in a bad shape right now but some on here may be feeling age more than me. If I can somehow get in a boat I will fish!Yes,it hurts and will hurt,but I will go down trying! If it kills me then so be it! Gonna die or hurt sitting at home or anywhere else,I might as well be doing something I love. I am 61 now and can pass as a 50 year old and if my hair wasn't gray I could pass as a 40 year old. BUT I feel every day of 61 and more. I ain't quitting until I can't find someone to help me into boat! Just hoping that that day is farther away than it seems!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg58 View Post
    57 here and had shoulder surgery last year. First time fishing in a year and a half. Feels great to be on the water again but other things sure hurt after a day on the water. I actually bought a seat for the front of the boat this year!!! Never would I believe I would of gone to a seat!!! Oh well at least I can still go I guess.
    I went to the "grandpa seat" to LOL. I like it especially when fishing deeper water which I do a lot.

I just turned 67 also,still work full time My aches and my hand pain have kept me off the water much more than I like

Quote Originally Posted by markheb View Post
    Wonder how many people have new ailments since this thread started.
    Well since this thread started a few years ago------ My fishing partner of 40 years passed a few months ago from Ahlizimers. With as banged up as my body is---- I have no complaints, things could be worse. Everyday I am busy, which is a good thing. When the weather breaks, I have a long list to squeeze in between fishing. Last year I averaged 3-4 days on the water, this year I hope to average the same. You can't go back in time, so make the best of each day given to you.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotehunter1 View Post
    I'm 50 and I can't think of a thing I can't do. Thankfully I'm in great athletic condition.
    Ha Ha Ha HA Ha!!!!!!! I don't even remember 50!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman920 View Post
    Wow !..... am I the only guy on this whole thread” that is the complete opposite ?... I feel like crap” when I haven’t fished in awhile!, I get out on the water” & start moving around “ I actually feel physically better ? yes “ I will be dead tired, after fishing hard all day” but I feel like I have loosened up “ arthritis has gone away “ back feels better , sleep better also !
    Says the 40 year old....

15. Member
    Only "45" and working on getting a 2nd elbow surgery. Picked the wrong time in life to start fishing professionally, even if a Costa Pro is a scab on this board! I used to use all left handed reels, not anymore. Have had to learn to use right handed reels the past two years and use them more than the lefts nowadays. An old left thumb injury has reared its ugly head this winter, torn ligament that will need addressed. I still fish as hard as ever, its harder to recover the older I get.

16. Member
    Had to get up in the middle of the night and pee

17. Member
    Only once ? lol I'm up more then i sleep.

18. Member
    I’m only 35 but I respect and acknowledge what you are telling me. As a weightlifter, I thought I was building my body up to prevent those ailments but in reality I have been riddled with injuries and I am starting the feel the long term affects.
    2001 Ranger R71
    Merc 125
    MinnKota 74# Maxxum
    Humminbird 999
    Humminbird 859

19. Member
    I'm 72 years old {Young} Play hockey 3X a week, up before 4:30 am every morning, do a lot of walking, avoid the idiots.
    I fish hard all day in the spring and early summer, then lay off and play some old timer softball 3 pitch just for exercise.
    Have to keep active.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
    No aches or pains, just had a minor heart attack 1 year ago while playing hockey.
    I'm of Irish decent and the good Lord don't want me yet.
    Both my parents and my in-laws have passed on now but made it into their 90's.

20. Member
    I am 78 yrs. old and still fishing regularly once or twice a week but I get plenty of exercise swimming that keeps me in shape cause I keep falling out of the boat.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast