Drop in Tackle Tray Liner for my 18XS/189TRX/18TRX front deck tackle box, Part 2

My Triton Tackle Tray came in today and it fits up front as expected. It's a bit tight to close the lid but it works. It maybe related to the rubber gasket liner. I have to press down on the lid to close and turn the Perko Latches. Nice!!!!! I'll take pic later tonight or tomorrow and post.

This is exactly what I wanted. Now I feel a bit more organized to keep things up top for the day in my front deck storage box. I'll check to see how it fits in the rear storage boxes behind the seats too.

This is exactly what I was looking for.
    Last edited by deepanchor; 05-16-2015 at 08:10 PM.

2. Banned

3. Member
    Sometimes the edges of the trays need to be trimmed down some. When I used mine they were really tight from the carpet under the lid.

SteveJ,

I look at that more closely. So when you trimmed/shaved down the trays flanged edges your lids closed much easier? Hmmm, good to know.

Thanks.

5. Member
    Post a picture plese deepanchor!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deepanchor View Post
    SteveJ,

I look at that more closely. So when you trimmed/shaved down the trays flanged edges your lids closed much easier? Hmmm, good to know.

Thanks.
    Yes, just be sure not to trim too much or it may fall inside your compartment when moved around. Just move it around and mark the flange to see how much you can trim off. Only trim off what's needed. I wish I still had mine but they became useless over time. I hope this helps.

SteveJ,

Thanks for your comments. Here is the pic of my Tackle Tray. I'll find many uses for my style of fishing. The reason it's a tight fit is the latch. I have to adjust the latch upon inspection. All good.

8. Member
    Awesome... it looks like yours is made perfect. Mine over hung the lip by about 1/4" before trimming. Looks great!

9. Member
    Where did you buy your tray?

10. Member
    Really like the tray. Would also like to know where you got it. Thanks

11. Member
    I bought some like that for the rear comparment from Triton but it would be nice to have some for the front compartments as well. Where did you get yours?
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

12. Member
    Thread is 3 years old......try sending "deepanchor" a PM.

13. Member
    That tray was not designed for the front storage box, it was designed for the two rear boxes on the back. Glad to see you can use it in the front too.