Thread: 2001 tr-21

2001 tr-21

I was thinking over trying to get custom dash pannel made for consol. Maybe out of thick plexi and have it dipped? Was wanting to re arrange guages and have extra room to try and flush mount hds7. Was curious if any one has made a custom dash pannel or if it's possible. Let's hear the ideas

2. Member
    I would be interested in the same for mine. It's a 99 model.
    2015 Phoenix 819

3. Banned
    Typically the steering wheel is in the way of flush mount graph, others try brackets that push the graph upward out of the way for better sight.

4. Member
    I'm interested to

5. Member
    In my previous TR20, I made panels out of fibreglass. I used smooth metal to lay up the glass on so when done, I did not have to sand it smooth. I used 4 layers of mat which left a thick and strong piece of glass to work with. From there I cut the shape to match and fitted the accessories where I wanted them.

I painted mine with a crackled aluminum paint but you could wrap them or do as you desire.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Weare View Post
    In my previous TR20, I made panels out of fibreglass. I used smooth metal to lay up the glass on so when done, I did not have to sand it smooth. I used 4 layers of mat which left a thick and strong piece of glass to work with. From there I cut the shape to match and fitted the accessories where I wanted them.

I painted mine with a crackled aluminum paint but you could wrap them or do as you desire.

do you happen to have any pics?

7. Member
    Been a few years but I will look to see if I have anything on my computer.