Mounting Lowrance ducers on Puma

Guys looking for a little insight on where to mount my structure scan ducer on my puma, also where do you mount the 2d ducer, glue it inside the hull or mount externally to read water temp. Please help

The transducer on 2D is NOT the right puck as you need one with a shunt lead for a separate temp sensor from the transducer. Most mount the Side Imaging transducer in the center of the jack plate on transom, or you can add a Transducer Shield and Saver and bolt it on the jackplate. You will need an extension block also for this install.

3. Member
    Do some careful measuring. I recently mounted a LSS2 transducer on my Puma/225 Opti/6" Slidemaster JP. Mounting in the center under the JP results in the motor hitting the transducer when trimmed down. I mounted mine just to the starboard side of the jackplate. Not happy with where it had to mount, but due to size/length it was the best option.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

does the Lss-2 read water temperature?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badasscat View Post
    does the Lss-2 read water temperature?
    Yes.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

I went with the Transducer Shield off the j/p
    Steve
    2006 BassCat Puma
    2006 Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Team Daiwa!

I think I looked everything over and I'm gonna glue the lss2 under the step, and epoxy in hull my skimmer. It's a no brained to glue to on the underside of the step and not have to drill any holes.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badasscat View Post
    I think I looked everything over and I'm gonna glue the lss2 under the step, and epoxy in hull my skimmer. It's a no brained to glue to on the underside of the step and not have to drill any holes.
    I looked at that, but the LSS2 was too long for it all to fit on the step on mine. Mine is an 05,
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

So how to set the lss2 dice to read temp, and not from my skimmer that is mounted inside of the hull

10. Member
    IMG_0361.JPG

I have two gen 9's networked. I used Transducer Shield and Saver on my 6" slidemaster. You have to take it slow and drill and tap the side plate cover but it turned out great. I only use that one for imaging, I have a thru hull puck for 2D while on plane and have a temp sensor on the NEMA backbone. I use a HDI on the troller.