Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. FX210
    can you tell me where you got everything? I may need to do it all myself.

2. Member
    WHAT GAUGE WIRE DID YOU USE FOR EACH?

3. FX210
    I'm having the dealer where I bought the boat do the install. I bought rocker switches, fuse panels, and black plastic for the switches to mount. I measured and cut the plastic and the switches fit perfect. I will let you know what wire they used. Should be the next day or two.

4. Member
    16 GA to the switches

5. Member
    Hi, nice job. I know this is an old posting but can you tell me what gauge wires you used for new switches? I assume the heavier red wire I see is the original power wire from battery? Also, do you know what the 3 relays at bottom of your old fuse box are for and are they still needed? Pse and thankyou

Old thread revived.
    The main power wire was the original and I believe it is a 10g. All the new wiring I added are 16g. I don't recall relays. They were fuses.

04 ZX250/300 VMAX HPDI

7. Member
    ok, thankyou (and nice, neat job). Your pic of the original fuse panel shows the 3 big black square relays at bottom of it. Mine is the same...i'm just trying to find out what they do.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    ok, thankyou (and nice, neat job). Your pic of the original fuse panel shows the 3 big black square relays at bottom of it. Mine is the same...i'm just trying to find out what they do.
    Sorry about that....you don't have a pic of your old fuse panel....I was thinking of some elses thread.

9. Member
    Sorry about that....you don't have a pic of your old fuse panel....I was thinking of some elses thread.
    Does anyone know what the 3 big black relays at bottom (right side in this pic) of this fuse panel are for? Thankyou
    fuse panel.JPG

10. Member
    I’m guessing they are the high voltage supply for The bilges
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

2018 Skeeter ZX250 250 Yamaha SHO

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rxskeeter View Post
    I’m guessing they are the high voltage supply for The bilges
    Thanks, I'll check that out.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ricqik View Post
    Old thread revived.
    The main power wire was the original and I believe it is a 10g. All the new wiring I added are 16g. I don't recall relays. They were fuses.
    Thanks ricqik. Also, is there any reason why I can't use the original fuse panel? Just eliminate the computer and old touch pad, and go from power to new switches to fuse panel?

13. Member
    Thanks ricqik. Also, is there any reason why I can't use the original fuse panel? Just eliminate the computer and old touch pad, and go from power to new switches to fuse panel?
    I also did this recently. I used the fuse panel that you have pictured and powered the switches in the panel with the wires coming from the fuses. I have a spreadsheet that shows what color is what if you need it send me a pm with your email.

IMG_6133.JPGIMG_6135.JPGIMG_6048.JPGIMG_6047.JPG

14. Member
    PERFECT....I'll send you a pm. FYI, my original panel still works but I'm just getting organized in case it goes in-season so I can change it out quickly. Otherwise I will go ahead and do it next winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticslobra View Post
    I also did this recently. I used the fuse panel that you have pictured and powered the switches in the panel with the wires coming from the fuses. I have a spreadsheet that shows what color is what if you need it send me a pm with your email.

IMG_6133.JPGIMG_6135.JPGIMG_6048.JPGIMG_6047.JPG

15. Member
    Hey Mr. Mysticslobra That looks awesome, Where did you purchase your switches?

16. Member
    rockerswitchpros.com

17. Member
    Thanks

18. Member
    Does anyone have any pics of the skeeter version that is in the 700 dollar range? I just said screw it and ordered it, if I don't need the extra crap ill just return it if they let me. part numbers are skt 16170421,91202525, 91112237, 91112322

19. Member
    Can you post pics of all the parts when you get them, especially the wires that connect to the rocker switches. I would like to know if they have the connectors crimped on.
    Mine goes out in the rain, I have sealed it up. Yesterday I took it out and sprayed flex seal. It's living on borrowed time.
    Wes

20. Member
    I went ahead and ordered the kit. 740 dollars. But can't find any pics of what the new panel looks like

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast