Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I have an 04 225 so I would think the colors will be the same. That is nice and like somebody else said it shouldn't work because it's too neat and organized.

Googling says the wire colors are marine color codes. Very likely yours will be the same.

04 ZX250/300 VMAX HPDI

3. Member
    Great job. Very neat and clean. Kamm
    2005 Skeeter SX200 Yamaha VMAX 200

4. Member
    Great job again
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

2018 Skeeter ZX250 250 Yamaha SHO

5. Member
    Thank you for taking the time on this. My system quit and the dealer wanted $715 for the parts. I ordered 4 variable livewell switches, 12 circuit fuse panel, and lighted switches today for $320. I will machine a panel tomorrow. Wiring looks to be as you described. Thank you again

6. Member
    https://www.otrattw.net/

For anyone looking for switches these guys are awesome. They have more switches than anyone I have seen. My Jeep has a ton of their switches and they are all great!

7. Member
    I personally like the look of the push button system, but you did one hell of a job in my opinion!!!
    The more I look at what you did I'm very impressed !!! Good job..

8. Member
    Also , if you're not a electrician, you should be, very professional looking job. I couldn't make it look like that if I had helpers and a 1,000 years to doit...

9. Member
    Very cool.. I have to hand it to you man very nice job... I have owned 4 bass boats and the wiring is one thing I'm very ocd about... I have always had to fix and re organize wiring... one thing I have found over the years is the manufactures(at least all the boats I have had) use a basic marine wiring color chart... but anyways I think you did a very nice job.. I'm getting ready to do the wiring in a 1995 skeeter 200zx that I have been working on.. I have done nothing with the wiring at this point and I'm suprized that I have not pulled my hair just looking at the disorganized factory mess of a wiring job..

10. Member
    Wow, sorting out all those wires...

Nice.

I replaced and made my own panel as well 1.5 yrs ago.. I got annoyed with the support from the dealer and lack of service and Skeeters retro fit option was not one i liked so i did the same. Much better with the toggle switches and if something goes wrong it very easy to fix one switch or replace one pump
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Gifto
    2013 Nitro Z9 2021 250hp Mercury ProXS
    Ontario Canada 🇨🇦

12. Member
    Hey can you tell me where you got the fuse blocks and the part numbers on them they look awesome....

thanks

13. Member
    Funny that this thread got revived today. I was actually planning on bringing it back up since ricgik and this post helped me out by saving me time on the research. I too wasn't pleased with Skeeter's replacement panel, especially since they wanted $700 just in parts, BEFORE labor. I did mine for about $250.

I had a few slight differences than ricgik's. I decided to go without a "Power" switch on my console panel, and instead just use the Main Power switch near the battery to cut power to everything when the boat is not in use. I also only put timer's on my livewell fill pumps and not my recirc's. I used a different type of timer that has a knob which allows you to adjust the time. I used 6 On/Off rockers and 3 On/Off/On (2 for the Manual/Auto livewell fills and 1 for the Fuel gauge's tank selector. I only used one fuse block, as it was rated for and held everything I needed.

Attached Images Attached Images

HAHA, what does the "passenger eject" button do? or is it just a dummy switch?

Nice work guys, very clean and also helpful for others wanting to tackle this job!
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

15. Member
    It's the horn.

16. Member
    Nice work - looks great! Thanks for sharing!

17. Member
    Mine went this weekend, 2003 ZX250. Time to get busy! Need to decide if I am going to try and make my own, or order the Skeeter version.

18. Member
    Mine went this weekend, 2003 ZX250. Time to get busy! Need to decide if I am going to try and make my own, or order the Skeeter version. Any chance you can post some photos of the wiring and fuse block?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boatnfish View Post
    Mine went this weekend, 2003 ZX250. Time to get busy! Need to decide if I am going to try and make my own, or order the Skeeter version. Any chance you can post some photos of the wiring and fuse block?
    Check out Ricgik's pics on the first page. They helped me alot. I used the same Fuse Block and wiring scheme. Fuse Block was a Blue Sea 5026 12 circuit fuse block.

20. Member
    Wow, I know this is an old thread, but I did my dash ~4 or 5 years ago and it was a mess. When If first did it, they weren't making everyone use the rockers, it was another digital panel from a new boat. The retrofit looked horrible, but at the time rockers never crossed my mind. Within 6ish months, the new panel failed, so I got the rockers for free. Luckily mine was before there were mass failures, and even though my boat was out of warranty, they sent me the panels for free. I did save my factory trim though, and I think I might take this route.

Excellent work!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast