Triton 186 Allure Vs Ranger reata 1850 LS??

We are thinking about buying a new F_S boat. Looking at the Triton 186 Allure or the Ranger reata 1850 LS. The Triton is a less money but the Ranger has more things on it. Both of these boats fit in my garage, so can not go bigger. Both boats will have a 150 4 stroke Merc or yamaha.. I am a Family man first, take the kids skiing and tubing. I still fish, mostly by myself so what boat is more user friendly?? Also as I am getting older this will be my last boat? Any ideas good or bad on the Triton or Ranger???? Thanks...

2. Member
    I might be remembering things wrong, but I believe the Reata seats are very low, like a bass boat. The Triton looks to have higher seats on pedestals. You said you're getting older, so am I and seats that sit up higher are MUCH easier for me to get in and out of. That alone would be enough to sway me toward the Triton.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Heres a link to the Ranger https://www.rangerboats.com/models.cfm?mid=7216&gid=32
    Heres a link to the Triton Triton Boats - We Take America Fishing

Both are modified walleye boats, deep sides and high pedestal seats. Warhawk is correct that Ranger did/does make a fish and play on a bass boat platform, but not this one.

Congratulations!

4. Member
    looks like we will be going with the triton??

Quote Originally Posted by Table Rock 1 View Post
    looks like we will be going with the triton??
    Looks like a great boat. I like the rod storage setup. I think the deck extension might even be extra cost with the ranger.

6. Member
    Looking at the interior pics of both boats, the Ranger has a dash layout that is going to make mounting larger electronics a problem. The Triton dash layout is wide open.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

7. Member
    Stil looking..

8. Member
    They both look like beautiful boats - very comparable. My best friend has a Reata w/Yammy 150, bought new in '04, if my memory serves me correctly. It gets used heavily, and it has been a great boat for fishing and family.

9. Member
    Looks like we will ne going with the Triton??

10. Member
    I like to hear which Triton and options you went with, what are the pros and cons of your new ride

11. Member
    WOW old post. We have had the Triton 186 Allure going on 5 years now. Awesome boat and Motor, running a Merc 4 stroke 150, wish I would have went with the 175 HP ,but it was not offered at the time also 2 grand more was not worth the 3 or 4 extra mph. The triton is a is a awesome F-S, it has served me fine. I fish Spring and Fall and take the Family Ski, tube all summer. Only thing I don't have is Ski Storage but not a problem. Rod box holds 8 to 10 rods no problem, and the live well is huge and doubles as a cooler. The 24 volt MK Fortrex works great, Only have a cheap graph going to upgrade some day?The carpet is snap on and off. I take it out in fall. I did look at the Ranger Reata nice but could not afford the extra 8 -10 grand.. This is my last boat, hope to keep it 20 years??? Thanks..