Fish and Ski Challenge! Just for fun

OK here's an idea, what do y'all think?

2015 BBC Fish and Ski Challenge

What? Like a contingency program for F&S owners, let's see who can weigh the heaviest 5-fish bag in a qualifying event in 2015. Just for fun, and for the general encouragement of F&S owners. Other guys have contingency programs linked to a particular brand of a particular product, this proposal one is not brand-specific but limited to F&S boats.

How does it work? Fish a qualifying event, and post your results, with a picture, here on the BBC F&S boats forum and that's it. One phony certificate and/or other prize to be mailed out at the end of the year by somebody, maybe.

Whats a "qualifying event"? Any tournament with certified scale and results posted online. It could be a BBC Rally or club tournament, BFL, ABA, charity team bass derby, etc. as long as somebody weighs your fish on a official event scale and the full results including weights and names are posted online. For example, if you and your buddy caught 30+ pounds fishing Golden Pond, that doesn't count (not a qualifying event, no certified scales, no tournament results online) but if you fished a 6-man club tournament, and your club has a scale and a public website where all the results are posted for all to see, then you can post your results here with a picture and have a shot at the BBC F&S Challenge prize, as well as the admiration of our internet community.

Other stuff: No entry fee. Entrant must be a BBC member (with email address verified per the rules of the "for sale" boards).Entrantmust currently own a F&S boat, Fish must be caught from a F&S boat. If it makes sense 2 prizes will be awarded, one for team events and one for individual events. Fish must be black bass (micropterus) -- largemouth, smallmouth, spotted, etc. Enter as often as you like. Other rules may apply,

So, what do you think? Sound like fun? I'm sure I forgot important details, so comment away! If this Challenge is acceptable, I'll ask the moderator to pin an official announcement, rules, etc. to the top..

2. Member
    loooooovvvvveeeeeeee this idea!

Here's a couple from a non qualifying event on champlain on Thursday. Would have had a 20+ bag! (Sorry I was fishing in my uncles nitro and not my Ranger f/s)

IMG_0325.jpgIMG_0327.jpgIMG_0332.jpgIMG_0336.jpg
    Chad Snow / Massachusetts
    2007 Ranger Reata 210 - Mercury Optimax 225 (#1B446134) - 12' Talons
    Carbon12’s @ Bow w/ AT- live 12 w/ 3D & live 7 @ Helm

3. Member
    That sounds fine and dandy - except you gotta consider WHERE WE LIVE! I live in Ohio.........if I weigh in a sack over 16lbs..........I'm quitting and joining B.A.S.S.

This was our bag from a tourney yesterday - just over 9lbs, 4 fish.....3rd place.clear fork weigh in.jpg
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Awesome fellas!

MC I started fishing in Indiana... If I caught a keeper I was happy. If I caught 2 it was great and if I caught 3, lights out! Were you fishing in your Nitro?

5. Member
    Yes - I was in my Nitro..........we fish all our tourneys out of my boat.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

6. Member
    My nitro does 5 tourneys and 5 or 6 club events each year. I'm in
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

7. Member
    Sounds like a cool Idea, we have working mans tournaments everyday of the week down here

I am in!!!! But wait... our fish are smaller in the Northwest LOL
    2002 Triton 190 FS , 200 EFI, 25 tempest plus, Garmin Force, Garmin 10 Ultra sv, LVS 34, 2 Garmin UHD 93sv

Hey Folks, its mid July... Dont forget to post your tournament finishes for the BBC Fish and Ski Challenge. Include a link to a public website were the weights are verified and remember it only counts if you were out there competing in your Fish and Ski!

So far the leader is ... me! with our 12.2 lbs sack from the BBC Potomac Rally IX. C'mon, I know somebody's caught em better. Get your entry in!

10. Member
    Pulled a 15.48 lb bag day 1 at Nakina bass derby . Web site results will be up soon.
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

Awesome! I just got back from Ontario - we go up around Sudbury. Smallies or Largemouth? Pics?

Congrats to Ryan, the 2015 Fish and Ski Challenge winner!

13. Member
    Lol... I would Like to see a few more entries next year.
    And Way further north than Sudbury. Above lake Superior. I'm I'm thunder bay.
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

I have a certificate for Ryan, winner of the 2015 challenge. Ryan, I need your email- I can't send attachments thru bbc.

Let's get some more entries for 2016!

15. Member
    Awesome! Congrats Ryan! You beat the other 2 of us......
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

16. Member
    sweeeeet. lol

email is ryansmalebox@gmail dot com
    Garmin marine
    prostaff