115 Merc 4 stroke shifting problems

friend of mine changed his impeller, he installed the lower unit and now he only has fwd--- no neutral, no reverse. We dropped the lower unit moved the sleeve on the LU gear one direction, put it back together no change. Took it apart turned it the other way, put the gearshift in Fwd-- no change. Only thing I have read on it is you can get the selector ( sleeve on the lower unit) in no man's land. So how do you line everything back up?

2. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Dude View Post
    same post different format--- Mercury outboards/ 4 stroke mercury outboards--- still looking for the answer without a discussion.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    same post different format--- Mercury outboards/ 4 stroke mercury outboards--- still looking for the answer without a discussion.
    Please see the Announcements at the top of the forum, and provide the Engine Serial Number when posting.

Be happy to assist HERE (4-stroke forum is the appropriate place for 4-stroke models).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor