Thread: Rods Revamped

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Rods Revamped

How many fishermen or women remember All Star rods the ones from the 80's they had Houston, TX stamped on them. Those things were great right they would last forever. I even know some buddies who still have some and fish with them from time to time.

Now what if I told you the man responsible for those rods has started a new company but has stuck to the same designs as those old All Star rods that you loved. I had been searching my next rod perches to accommodate my Shimano Curado when I stubbled across this McCain Hi-Performance Home. Well once I saw that I knew where my next worm rod was going to be coming from. Only one thing I can't find a dealer. My question to everyone is who knows where I can get my hands on one of these?

One post and a product plug.. fishy...very fishy (pun intended)

3. Banned
    I'd say go pay your money to be a board sponsor on this sight and then come back and peddle your wares. Oh, and welcome to the BBC, very glad you joined us!

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Well I would think you could contact them on that website you linked. But I'm guessing you already knew that.

Since your post looks to be a ad for them, and you link the website, I'll ask the obvious.

Have you called them and ask for their dealers?? Seems pretty straight forward.

Welcome to BBC Scott. The folks on this forum are pretty sharp, experienced fisher-people. If you are going to pimp a product on here, on honest approach will work best. The old, cheesy, "How many remember.....now, what if I told you" routine has been worn out for a long time and these folks will eat you alive if you think that you are going to win them over with that nonsense.

7. Member
    Yes, I remember them and rods are way better now!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott83 View Post
    How many fishermen or women remember All Star rods the ones from the 80's they had Houston, TX stamped on them. Those things were great right they would last forever. I even know some buddies who still have some and fish with them from time to time.

Now what if I told you the man responsible for those rods has started a new company but has stuck to the same designs as those old All Star rods that you loved. I had been searching my next rod perches to accommodate my Shimano Curado when I stubbled across this McCain Hi-Performance Home. Well once I saw that I knew where my next worm rod was going to be coming from. Only one thing I can't find a dealer. My question to everyone is who knows where I can get my hands on one of these?
    How many do you want, I can ship them to you for 299.95 each plus 40.00 shipping per rod.

10. Member
    I agree they were awesome rods---I still have 2 of the sj2 ---still use em too !!

11. Banned
    Paging Al... Cleanup of spam on aisle 3... Paging Al

one limited use Rod and there's excitement? pffffttttt!!! The Rods I buy will take any hook,Lure,& sinker ya tie on... Catch any fresh water species of fish. Good & Enuff!& Said!

13. Member
    Where can I stubble into perches some of these rods?

14. Bob G's pool boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    The old, cheesy, "How many remember.....now, what if I told you" routine has been worn out for a long time and these folks will eat you alive if you think that you are going to win them over with that nonsense.
    Yeah. There are never any "remember the old days when..." posts on this site.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

15. Member
    Sounds like someone's pissing on our feet and telling us it's raining outside!

16. Member
    All Star, Wife and I still fish with some old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott83 View Post

Buy an Ugly Stick. They last forever too and are way cheaper.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

So $200 for 80's technology?

Quote Originally Posted by bradjames12 View Post
    Paging Al... Cleanup of spam on aisle 3... Paging Al

20. Banned
    How did he get to post an active link with only one post ? Didnt the limit used to be set at 4 or 5 ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast