Thread: Rods Revamped

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott83 View Post
    Ok a little about me, I spent 14 years in the Military 11B infantry. I was over in OEF II and I volunteered to go to AFG for OIF 9,10, and 11. Than I went back over to AFG from 2012 until 2014. After that I was discharged from the Army due to services connected injuries. People think I'm crazy but when you're with your brothers (and I mean brothers because they feel like family) you will do what ever it takes to make sure they all come home. Now all I want to do is hunt and fish, if I lived out in the country I would hunt and fish every day of my life and disappear from the world. I joined this site to meet like minded people and learn new things. I put my family and friends before myself and I will give you the shirt off my back if you need it.
    Welcome to BBC, Scott.

2. Member
    They are good rods. I have a Ton Mann Jr Carolina rig rod. I also use it for a baseball bat. It's pretty stout

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frank perkins View Post
    They are good rods. I have a Ton Mann Jr Carolina rig rod. I also use it for a baseball bat. It's pretty stout

Stop, stop, stop!!! My sides are killing me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Looks like they are carrying the Standard 5 yr Warranty as with most other Rod Companies as well. some have "Lifetime" but that warranty comes with a price behind it usually.

So how can we Verify this was actually the Same owner/builder of All-Stat Rods. Because I was at the understanding that Trey's dad was the one who founded that?
    I think Billy left allstar and started castaway, then sold that out and Trey started marketing rods, I can only imagine there was a non-compete clause, with all that said i'll pass on anything Morgan McCain has his name on, allstar rods started out great, I had a couple of WR1's and WR2"s that were decent rods, before his departure I bought several other models and had issues, and got less than satisfactory results when I went to their office over on whitehorn just off hwy 290, so I will never knowingly buy anything he puts out...

welcome to BBC Scott and thank you for your service
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

5. Member
    Here is a chat room from SC outdoors All Star Rods Trivia

I also found this https://www.visualcv.com/morganmccain

I did a google search, I typed in all star rods Morgan McCain.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott83 View Post
    Here is a chat room from SC outdoors All Star Rods Trivia

I also found this https://www.visualcv.com/morganmccain

I did a google search, I typed in all star rods Morgan McCain.

Who made the Blanks though??

7. Member
    I'm not to sure really.

So all i could do was look at their website and this is straight from their website.
    "McCain Hi Performance Graphite blanks are constructed with American made carbon fiber prepreg that has a strong concentration of high modulus carbon fiber and a minimal amount of resin."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234