Thread: Rods Revamped

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    …and still only 1 post…
    2017 Ford F-350 Platinum
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP Yamaha 250SHO

2. Banned
    I'll pass, both of the one's I had broke on hooksets! Thankfully the only two rods I have ever broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott83 View Post
    How many fishermen or women remember All Star rods the ones from the 80's they had Houston, TX stamped on them. Those things were great right they would last forever. I even know some buddies who still have some and fish with them from time to time.

Now what if I told you the man responsible for those rods has started a new company but has stuck to the same designs as those old All Star rods that you loved. I had been searching my next rod perches to accommodate my Shimano Curado when I stubbled across this McCain Hi-Performance Home. Well once I saw that I knew where my next worm rod was going to be coming from. Only one thing I can't find a dealer. My question to everyone is who knows where I can get my hands on one of these?
    I use ducketts, tell me why i should switch? Throw your sales pitch out there, and let me decide.

I have 4 of the originals and still use them. So, I'm good for now.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Rod pimper

6. Banned
    How many fishermen or women remember All Star rods the ones from the 80's they had Houston, TX stamped on them. Those things were great right they would last forever. I even know some buddies who still have some and fish with them from time to time.

Now what if I told you the man responsible for those rods has started a new company but has stuck to the same designs as those old All Star rods that you loved. I had been searching my next rod perches to accommodate my Shimano Curado when I stubbled across this McCain Hi-Performance Home. Well once I saw that I knew where my next worm rod was going to be coming from. Only one thing I can't find a dealer. My question to everyone is who knows where I can get my hands on one of these?
    Rod perches? Did you hurt your self when you stubbled?

Well if they build rods like he spells I say they must be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Eck74 View Post
    Rod perches? Did you hurt your self when you stubbled?

Well if they build rods like he spells I say they must be great!
    The Gretest
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Where can I stubble into perches some of these rods?
    You DOG!!! I had to go back and re-read the original post to understand your post.

9. Banned
    Tommy Martin editions... Now that's old school... Dan

10. Member
    Really??? Just because I posted something about a company and put up a website everyone thinks I work for them. I thought that this was the point of a forum to share information about bass fishing. Everyone likes to think negative about someone nowadays before even getting to know them. You want to know me why don't you ask me instead of assuming I'm from some company.

Really??? Just because I posted something about a company and put up a website everyone thinks I work for them. I thought that this was the point of a forum to share information about bass fishing. Everyone likes to think negative about someone nowadays before even getting to know them. You want to know me why don't you ask me instead of assuming I'm from some company.
    Usually when someone posts promoting a company on their first post they are either prostaff for that company or own the company. This happens fairly often and it would be a pretty good assumption on the part of other members that was the point of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Usually when someone posts promoting a company on their first post they are either prostaff for that company or own the company. This happens fairly often and it would be a pretty good assumption on the part of other members that was the point of your post.
    Especially when you're both from Texas...

13. Member

USA

Before people judge other people why don't you talk to them first and find out. Just because I'm from Texas doesn't mean anything, if I lived in Wisconsin and loved St. Croix would you all jump on me and say I worked for them? You all are quick to jump the gun and judge people and if thats how you are about fishermen I wouldn't want to fish with any of you.

If you got to know me you would have found out that I am a disabled Vet who served multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and you all feel the need to judge me. Why don't you give yourself a big pat on the back for that one.

In before the ban.
    Charger 210 Elite

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt View Post
    In before the ban.
    What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?
    I am sure you will find out soon enough with the way you are starting off around here.
    Charger 210 Elite

17. Member
    If they want to ban do it don't sit there and threaten me. What I can't stand is people thinking they can judge me without knowing me. Everyone thinks I work for the company and I don't, they want to attack me, judge me for what for a post I made about a product I like. It sure seems I should be banned for that I agree with you.

If they want to ban do it don't sit there and threaten me. What I can't stand is people thinking they can judge me without knowing me. Everyone thinks I work for the company and I don't, they want to attack me, judge me for what for a post I made about a product I like. It sure seems I should be banned for that I agree with you.
    I think guys are leery because every post you have made here and on the TFF have been about the rods.

McCain Rods | Open Freshwater Discussion | Texas Fishing Forum

19. Member
    I have only made one post and that is it. I understand people are leery but don't pick people a part before asking them about it, the first post someone made was judging me. As fishermen we have our reputations to stand by. When someone starts attacking that right away you go right into defensive mode and want to attack back. No one asked me anything about the rods, how I found out about the rods who told me about them nothing just attack and that was it.

You're right, we don't know you. You've had over a month to participate here, yet you have not.

A name in your profile would be a good start, and a location narrowed down to a bit smaller area than Texas would be nice, too.

That is why no one wants to take your posts containing rod suggestions with any seriousness.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast