Flat five trailer plug

I broke one of the posts off and need to replace the plug, I purchased a new plug and when I went to install it I noticed that the original had 8 wires and my new one has 6. Do any of you know of a wiring diagram that spells out how to remedy this problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I had some confusion with mine and contacted my local trailer sales/service place. They came thru. Different situation, but hoping local folks can help you.

4. Member
    White is ground. Brown is taillight / sidelight. Green and yellow are the brake lights / blinkers. The 5th pin, white turning blue in your pic, is the reverse signal, used for blue to brake solenoid and it will also be used for reverse lights on the trailer if you have them.

5. Member
    Reviving this old thread, I was detailing my 203 and noticed my 5 way plug has eight wires going to it as well and I noticed I have a wire barely hanging on so I need to get this fixed.

As a matter of fact, my 5 way plug has the exact color scheme as BeachCustoms photo above. Any advise on where to order such a plug would be great. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie206 View Post
    White is ground. Brown is taillight / sidelight. Green and yellow are the brake lights / blinkers. The 5th pin, white turning blue in your pic, is the reverse signal, used for blue to brake solenoid and it will also be used for reverse lights on the trailer if you have them.
    I followed Charlie206's instructions and was able to get the new plug wired up. hope that helps.

7. Member
    I appreciate the response BeachCustoms, I was able to get it figured out.