821207 bushing replacement

Has anyone tried to replace bushing part number 821207 on their own? Did a little looking around at the dock and noticed a small amount of play coming from this bushing.
    01' Kenner 23v - 16' 350 Vrod
    MotorGuide - Lenco - Power Pole - Garmin - Bobs Machine

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I've replaced many of them. If the bushing is still IN PLACE, it is necessary to support the engine, REMOVE the tri-lobe and cross-pin, and then peel out the old bushing.

New bushing should be installed with RED liquid loctite on the outside bore (to assist in ensuring a tight fit, and proper retainment of the bushing).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    I've replaced many of them. If the bushing is still IN PLACE, it is necessary to support the engine, REMOVE the tri-lobe and cross-pin, and then peel out the old bushing.

New bushing should be installed with RED liquid loctite on the outside bore (to assist in ensuring a tight fit, and proper retainment of the bushing).
    Don for slip fit bearings/bushings Loctite 680 retaining compound is an excellent product that you might want to consider trying. 680 is specifically made for applications like the OP's bushing.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Agreed- and something I commonly use here (I keep a bottle on hand).

Red will work as well (perhaps more readily available at most common parts stores).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks guys!
    01' Kenner 23v - 16' 350 Vrod
    MotorGuide - Lenco - Power Pole - Garmin - Bobs Machine

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    BTW Savage.... Thanks! That was a very good point to make.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    BTW Savage.... Thanks! That was a very good point to make.

Just because I read these posts each and every day (addicted to gaining knowledge about my engine), I was wondering exactly what bushing is being referenced here. Thanks!
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X