Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Very nice work! Did you have any trouble getting a wrench inside the trailer tube to tighten the bolt on the tongue?

Thanks for the pictures and the detailed description. I'm going in the morning to buy what I need to do mine.

Also, I really like that F2 winch, looks nice. I think I've seen one of those before on an RT trailer....LOL
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

took a box end wrench and wire wrapped it to a metal rod temporarily to hold the nut inside the tongue tube.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Even the underside of your boat is shiny. Does it ever see the water? Nice modification on the winch.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Yeah, it hasnt been wet since spring. Just no time.

Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    That sucks, but the good news is that is should be very easy to replace. My personal opinion is that the winch stand should be welded to the frame on ALL Boat Trailers.
    Hard to understand why they use ubolts...My triton galvanized trailer winch stand is welded.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123