Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Been fighting same problem not as severe, I just found my fuel line pinched in lower cover (mid section) at the turn going to fuel pump.. Mercury made that stupid!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnertech41 View Post
    Been fighting same problem not as severe, I just found my fuel line pinched in lower cover (mid section) at the turn going to fuel pump.. Mercury made that stupid!
    Hopefully mine is as simple as that. I will definitely get back and let yall know what they find. I know its more than just a cracked hub, and the mechanic agrees.

3. Member
    They checked my motor by computer with no codes showing up then test drove it today. They are saying its not trimming up all the way. They are replacing the trim sensor and if that doesn't work, they are replacing the trim pump. I cant complain at all about the service they are giving me, they are really trying to get this corrected.

4. Banned
    Well I'm glad they test drove it, I don't know any dealers that lake test anymore, generally you get a sh!t eating grin as they say they "fixed" it.

5. Member
    Latest update is they replaced the trim sensor, drove it again with no change. Hooked it up to the computer with no codes, compression tested good etc. They are consulting with Mercury now. I guess for advice or to see if there have been problems like this reported. They haven't checked the lower unit yet, but should do that today hopefully. I was kinda surprised they hadn't already checked it, but oh well. At least they are trying to get it right.

6. Banned
    Have they checked it with a angle finder?!? Dang seems the could go in PCM and change the trim range? Then retest with angle finder.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1... really should verify the trim limit.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    They called me just a few minutes ago. They changed plugs, filters and lower unit oil and are going to replace the fuel line. No shavings in lower unit. Mercury said to test a 19p to see what it would do. They did and got 5740rpms and 52mph. They are going to test with another 23p like whats on there and see how it runs. Maybe the prop is bad? I know someone here said earlier to check. Just happy they are finally ruling things out. I did tell them in a nice way that just because the 19p got the rpms up, that didn't solve the issue and I wanted it to be like it was new. So far, the BPS in Bossier City has been very friendly and helpful.

9. Banned
    Sounds like they're parts changers..

10. Banned
    Finally got mine on a computer, trim was showing 3% up at full down position, recalibrated to zero, gained 2* trim, and 500 Rpms.. I now have to take the 23 bravo 1 off, was running 5500 rpm if lucky now running 5900 to 6000 depending on chop on the water. Moral of the story I'm 99% positive yours isn't calibrated. Here's what I did, some one going to stay don't do it, but I backed mine in the water still on trailer, put in gear and pull throttle up above 2500 rpm and trim it til it stops. Shut the motor off, pull the boat out, put a $4.99 angle finder from harbor freight on the cav plate, record the angle then trim down til it stops, record that angle and see what your trim range is. According to mercurys website it's 22* max. I was only getting 17 or so. Now I'm 19-20 and the boat runs 10x better. Here's an easy check, loosen the screws on your trim sensor, port side of outboard, rotate clockwise, that will give you a degree or two, do not rotate counter clockwise or you will loose some trim. Hope this helps.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Dealer should have been able to verify 20 degrees of usable trim quite easily.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

12. Member
    There is something worse than trim going on with my motor. Took it to fish a tournament and to run it. After the tournament at the ramp, I noticed it started to blow blue/gray smoke!! Motor ran smooth all day except for the fact that I still couldn't get over 5K rpms and 49mph.

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    What does the oil level look like?

14. Member
    It looks good. Taking it back to them in a few minutes.

15. Member
    I am getting a new power head. They called and said the ring was broke it number three cylinder.

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Rare... but glad to hear they're taking care of you.

17. Member
    They have tried to take care of me from the start. I really cant complain about the service they have given me. I'm just glad that we are headed in the right direction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123