Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Very nice work, and I appreciate the pics and engineering know-how being shared with us!
    Being an old hot-rodder too, I enjoyed your comments on another thread about lining up the screw slots and bolt heads! I had a stencil I used to put little bowties on my bolt heads, those were the days!

2. Member
    What would really clean up your wires would be to run your trolling motor electrical cable thru the front of the tray. I did this on an older boat used a rubber grommet and use a 2 pole connector underneath the front panel. No need for a plug. Just use your breaker to shit it off while charging and in winter The transducer cable can be rerouted under the front panel for a no wire look, did that on my Z21 too
    Dave Swimm - Ranger Z21, Yamaha Vmax 250 HPDI
    ‘17 Shearwater X22 Hybrid, Vmax 250 SHO
    I can't leave anything stock, I can't leave well enough alone.
    I need to customize everything. I think I can improve others
    designs, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVESWIMM View Post
    What would really clean up your wires would be to run your trolling motor electrical cable thru the front of the tray. I did this on an older boat used a rubber grommet and use a 2 pole connector underneath the front panel. No need for a plug. Just use your breaker to shit it off while charging and in winter The transducer cable can be rerouted under the front panel for a no wire look, did that on my Z21 too

Shut happens.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are.

4. Member
    Pics?

My sonar cabling is already underdeck. I don't have a cut-off switch for the TM batteries - the short plug/cord is not a hindrance to me, and provides quick & easy disconnect for charging. Plus it allows much easier TM removal if needed. I did consider remounting the plug/socket to the TM pan itself, but the work didn't justify the result IMO. Maybe on the next boat...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    Fab'd a cover from poly and installed today. I like how it finishes off the front of the tray, and helps manage the cables.
    Attachment 172415Attachment 172416Attachment 172417

If R&R Design made this identical TM pedal tray without the tapered front, a guy could do this and add a full depth cup holder there too!
    Well done. Any common stores sell that poly board..... like Lowes?

Aaagggghhh Never mind. Saw post #17 finally. Target store.
    Last edited by nmanley; 08-27-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Did the poly come in black from Target? If not what did you use to paint it black and how has it held up? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonpride40 View Post
    Did the poly come in black from Target? If not what did you use to paint it black and how has it held up? Thanks!
    Board was black with silver flecks in it (to simulate granite?). Has held up well - it's easy to clean too.

Architec Poly Cutting Board - Black (14x17") : Target

Thanks for the link! You do really good work! One more question: what did you use to cut the poly? Thanks again!

Jigsaw. Coarse blade, slow speed, fast feed. It will tend to melt vs. cut if you're not moving.
    Thanks for the compliment!

11. Member
    The tool tray is good item to add?

12. Member
    I'm in the process of fabbing up a tool/can holder also. As for the comment about wishing the tray was square instead of tapered, put some risers or spacers between the holder and the tray. This will give the elevation that you need to put the can holder in. Saw this idea while doing a search for trolling motor trays.
    Casting call is correct about the board wanting to melt, the good news is, the melted material pulls right off. If it will not pull off, get a box cutter, will slice it off. I cannot cut straight to save my life, used a plastic and laminate blade in the table saw. Wear safety glasses!!

13. Member
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    Maybe for Motorguide? Useless for Minnkota cable drives.
    They don't fit my MG peddle either. Not sure why they placed them there.
    Hi Mike.

15. Member
    You can get many different kinds, sizes /thicknesses and colors of nylon or plastic sheets from 6" on up to whatever your heart desires from McMaster Carr website....and a side note.. It machines really nice. If you know anyone with a milling machine ...

I just got one of these in the mail today. Prices went up a bit. Got mine for $65 shipped from ebay out of Las Vegas. I'm really looking forward to finally having a recessed foot pedal :) The installation and fab work look great CastingCall. Have you had any issues with the recessed pan after the couple of years you have had it?
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

all looks great

2009 ELITE 210

18. Member
    Sits off the floor about 3", via plastic spacers, to give the depth for the cup holders and pliers.

IMG_20190330_153243973-1000x1000.jpg

19. Member
    all it needs now is a cup holder on the other side

20. Member
    all it needs now is a cup holder on port side

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast