talon remote programming

just installed 2 x new 10 foot talons, both units work fine manually from the units but neither one of the 4 remotes came programmed to operate the talons, when i try to program the remotes by holding the up arrow and pushing the remote all i get is the steady beep it does not accept any of the remotes with the 3 beeps as the manual reads i just get a steady beep. the remote batteries a fine and the cranking battery is new and fully charged, any ideas on a fix for it ?

2. Banned
    welcome to the forums, the very first place you should look is on Minn Kota's support site - CALL Minn Kota, its says each talon came pre-programmed with 2 remotes. That means only 2 of the remotes have to be re-programmed for each talon.

So just to highlight - you followed precisely these steps

TO LEARN A NEW REMOTE ID

1. Retract the anchor if it is not already retracted by pressing the Auto UP switch .
    2. After the anchor has retracted, press and hold the Auto UP switch on the Talon.
    A steady tone will be heard.
    3. While continuing to press the Auto UP switch , press the UP button on the new remote one time.
    4. A series of 3 beeps will be heard, indicating the new remote has been learned.
    5. Release the Auto UP switch on the Talon after the 3 beeps begin.

But call Minn Kota if you have problems programming the remotes, you have determined which 2 remotes go with which Talon right?

3. Member
    thanks for your input wildcat. i have done it all as per your reply and minn kotas manual and still no go, i can only get the steady beep and not 3 beeps , i will need to call them monday. also you had mentioned if i determined which remote is for which talon, would it make difference as neither one of the 4 remotes work with either one of the talons

4. Banned
    That's a pain when nothing wants to cooperate. It would possibly have made a difference in the beginning IF you knew which remote was for which talon. Page 30 shows this as some of the possible solutions to your problem, you can try that in the interm.

Problem: My new remote won’t work.
    Solution: Perform the learn sequence for a new remote.
    Solution: Check the remote battery and replace as needed.
    Solution: Confirm that your power connections are good, and that you have sufficient battery power.

Problem: My Talon won’t respond to any button presses on the remote or on the control panel.
    Solution: Make sure that your battery connection is solid, and that the battery is fully charged.

You never know and it would be nice for it to work without calling them wouldn't it

5. Member
    Do you ever figure out a solution?

6. Member
    This post is over 4yrs old. What trouble are you having with the Talons.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]