Steering cable length on Tracker 175

I am asking about the steering cable length after a jackplate has been added to a Tracker 175/190. My cable does not appear to have enough cable to add a 5 1/2 plate. It seems as if the cable will be in a serious bind. It would be helpful if someone post some close ups of their install.

2. Banned
    It should reach just fine, if it was an 8in then you'd need to add another foot to your existing cable. I take it you're not going with hydraulic steering with the jackplate but retain the stock steering - right? To me, my steering seemed way too tight for my aging arms - so I went hydraulic but for me - I doubt the jackplate would be of any benefit and a waste of money. (my opinion of course)

You can install up to a 6" jack plate with the factory steering cable on pt175 and pt190 models. It will make the curve very naturally actually. No issues. Heres a good pic of mine.
    image.jpg
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

4. Member
    steeringcable1.jpg
    No issues with mine

5. Member
    Thanks for the responses and pics. My cable seems to be a tight factory install. I am going with the CMC 5 1/2 inch manual plate and wanted to see the bend angle after an install.

6. Member
    Checked out the plates made by Vance and I may have changed my mind. They have 2 versions of their 6" plate. One is $186.50 and the other $226.50 with black powder coating. The CMC from I.Boat is $257.

7. Member
    I wish I had gone with the black powder coated Vance.

8. Member
    Makes the choice hard. What performance gain did you see? When you did your upgrades did you do them all at once or separate to see what each actually changed?

If I did not get the deal I did I would have the Vance on mine. If it wasnt such a hassle to take it off I would have mine powder coated red but Im not going to mess with all that lol.

I started out with the 115 then added the jack plate later. I gained 3.5 mph with the jack plate on mine which allowed me to get some prop work done to my 22p laser to get a little more out of it. Holeshot with a load was better and it felt more stable at high speed and gave mine ALOT more lift.
    image.jpg
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

10. Member
    Hello. I have added a hydraulic 6" Bob's JP to my Bass Tracker 175 (2014). Steering does feel tight. The pictures provided gives me hope that I can keep the cable beneath the corner bracing. We did disconnect the steering cable from the engine to untangle it from the other lines, so it could move up and down independently, but I cleaned things out and added fresh grease through the fittings. Any thoughts? Did anyone take any corrective action that had an affect? Does steering feel tighter the higher you raise the motor? I get 6-7" rise. Full disclosure, I did mount the switch to the steering column, but loosening the nut for the wheel did not make much difference. Thanks.