Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar

Question The wing needs new shoes

What tire do you recommend? I have Dunlop Elite 3 on them right now.

2. Member
    I have always had good luck with dunlop's. Also michelin make a pretty good tire as well.

3. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    Looks like I'm going with Bridgestones. I'll bet them put on Saturday, will put new brakes on also.

4. Member
    I love Avons try them if you haven't.

5. Member
    Rodney,

I have been running the Michelin Alpin Primacy PA3ZP 195/55-R16 for the past 4 tires. It is a runflat car tire. I have so much more riding confidence with this tire than any "motorcycle" tire I ever run on the back. Here is a link to the 1800 riders site focused on running a car tire. I get about 20,ooo miles out of each one. Darkside Riders

I run a Bridgestone G709 on the front.

Take it for what it's worth, use it if you want. It's what works for me....:-)

Scott.....
    Scott Davis
    Chetek, WI
    2015 Lund Impact 1850\Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    Flambeau Bassmasters - Ladysmith, WI
    Rice Lake Area Bassmasters - Rice Lake, WI

Also a Goldwing Rider...:-)

ranger391@gmail.com

6. Member
    I love my Michelin Commanders !

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'm not too fond of the E3's... while virtually all tires will eventually "cup" on the GW, they seem to cup pretty early (on my two bikes... within the first 1500 miles).

Next set will be Bridgestones... or Avons.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    I agree that the Avon tires provide very good traction because they are soft rubber but they tend to wear faster than some others I have tried. You may want to check out the Yokohama M/C tire line. Their rubber is a little harder and they are very long lasting/high mileage or at least they were for me. I have used them on my Harley and Goldwing.

9. Member
    Commanders +1

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    I'm not too fond of the E3's... while virtually all tires will eventually "cup" on the GW, they seem to cup pretty early (on my two bikes... within the first 1500 miles).

Next set will be Bridgestones... or Avons.
    Bridgestones it was... and quite happy with them.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor