2.5 on a 2.0 mid

I got a boat with a 2.0 I want to rebuild, I have a spare 2.5 i want to put on in the mean time.

should I change the adapter plate also or can I stick a 200pm on a 2.0 mid/adapter? will the 2.5 fit under the xr-2 cowl?

I know I will probably have to move some bracket around ?

If your xr2 has a clamshell cowl it won't work if you have a 40 amp charging system. Use the 2.5 adapter plates and do solid motor mounts since you'll have it all apart.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

3. Member
    Thats what i figured, I have an entire 2.5's worth of pieces in the garage. Might just be easier to put it together and put the hole motor on, than doing all that i guess?

I was hoping for the stock look with the clamshell cowl, but it's tiny looking and i figured it wouldn't fit.

my 260 cowl is gonna look funny on the boat it's going on, lol

the 200 promax came with that 260 style cowl,,plus the other main difference is the voltage regs., are mounted with an entirely different mounting bracket,they are exposed on the pm,,above the coil packs,,on the 2.0 they are hidden between the plate and motor block/exhaust cover,,. both can have 40 amp electrics other than that.