Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncebitten View Post
    You might get more feedback to your questions on the Xpress board. Several of those guys have chopped or re-done Xpress hulls so they'll have some input on your re-power and lower unit questions. They're also familiar with adding in set back and running fast aluminum boats with "pad hulls". You're building a go fast boat so you may as well ask the guys running go fast tin boats!

Awesome looking rig by the way. Love the center console.
    Thanks Oncebitten. I'll definitely start checking out the Xpress board...don't know why I didn't think of that. My dad had a center console bass boat when I was a kid. I think it was called a Cobra...think it was made by Bayliner. Wasn't the best made but I always liked the floor plan and thought the center console looked good too. Years later I saw a Gambler Sterling with a center console and I fell in love. Only problem with the Gambler...it's made of glass and 2 feet too long for my garage. Thats how I got here...I couldn't find what I wanted in a production boat so custom was my only option.
    Last edited by Original Tin; 04-05-2015 at 01:25 AM.

Recessed trolling motor trey ?

3. Member
    Good God, this thing is going to be a rocket if the hull ends up being 1400#. I pray that it is controllable and doesnt walk or miss behave. Sweet sweet looking design. Coolest thing Ive seen in the bass world in a while. Good luck with the finished product. You may want to template your jackplate with a six hole Bass Cat design instead of 4 holes. You are going to be putting a ton of stress on your transom. I would also go hydraulic just to ease up dialing your motor height in. They are also great for many other reasons. Good luck brother, you are a brave guy.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by croix-man View Post
    Recessed trolling motor trey ?
    I've always been a tiller guy. Maybe someday I'll go over to a foot pedal just not yet. Although, I'm kinda liking these newer wireless pedal designs. If I decide to change I will definitely add a TM pedal tray. Thanks for the suggestion. -Bill
    Last edited by Original Tin; 03-25-2015 at 11:38 PM.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelleak View Post
    Good God, this thing is going to be a rocket if the hull ends up being 1400#. I pray that it is controllable and doesnt walk or miss behave. Sweet sweet looking design. Coolest thing Ive seen in the bass world in a while. Good luck with the finished product. You may want to template your jackplate with a six hole Bass Cat design instead of 4 holes. You are going to be putting a ton of stress on your transom. I would also go hydraulic just to ease up dialing your motor height in. They are also great for many other reasons. Good luck brother, you are a brave guy.
    Thank you for your prayers...I need all the help I can get. It'll be a handful for sure. Thanks for sharing the 6 hole concept too. I'm researching this now and will probably do it. It seems like a solid idea. I ordered my hydraulic Atlas JP today...I've decided to go with 10" of set back. Combined with the 10" built into the hull I'll have a total of 20" of set back. I'll start well below the pad and move up in 1/2" increments till I find the sweet spot. But first...the break in. -Bill

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Adcahb View Post
    Thank you for your prayers...I need all the help I can get. It'll be a handful for sure. Thanks for sharing the 6 hole concept too. I'm researching this now and will probably do it. It seems like a solid idea. I ordered my hydraulic Atlas JP today...I've decided to go with 10" of set back. Combined with the 10" built into the hull I'll have a total of 20" of set back. I'll start well below the pad and move up in 1/2" increments till I find the sweet spot. But first...the break in. -Bill
    I got a wingmaster on a Cougar that only has 20" of set back and it runs great, no issues.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelleak View Post
    I got a wingmaster on a Cougar that only has 20" of set back and it runs great, no issues.
    Thats what I want to hear!! Thank you for that...I'll sleep a little better now.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoganjr View Post
    Looks great. That is going to be an awesome looking boat when finished, looking forward to pics when it is done.

Since you are going with the 250 Pro XS, I highly recommend going with the smart craft gauges.

I also recommend running Don's cocktail of 1 oz quickare and 1 oz quickleen to every gallon of fuel and running Premium Plus oil mixed 150:1 in the gas to give the injectors some lubrication.

That is going to be one wild ride!
    Ok...I'm now up to speed on the "cocktail" and I'm reading everything I can find from Don Weed of European Marine. I also ordered my Mercury SmartCraft Gauge yesterday. Thanks again for the good advice Dan.
    Last edited by Original Tin; 04-05-2015 at 01:28 AM.

9. Member
    You're welcome. Don't see too many tins with 250's on them. Ready to see this project come to life.
    Dan
    2003 Alweld 1860 Flat Bottom
    2014 250 Pro XS w/Jet
    Smartcraft MercMonitor
    Garmin Force
    Garmin 126sv

Ok...I'm now up to speed on the "cocktail" and I'm reading everything I can find from Don Weed of European Marine. I also ordered my Mercury Smart Craft Gauge yesterday. Thanks again for the good advice Dan.
    Definitely good advice to follow. Smartcraft is invalueable that is for sure. You run the cocktail from Day one and you wont have any troubles. Gonna be an awesome boat.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

11. Member
    The boat handles fine, its no speed demon, but thats mostly the engine I have. The 2.0L 150 isnt quite enough engine for the hull. Its a fine riding boat though, it rides at least as smooth as my dads champion and I dont have to worry about the stumps at Toledo Bend.

G

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGator View Post
    The boat handles fine, its no speed demon, but thats mostly the engine I have. The 2.0L 150 isnt quite enough engine for the hull. Its a fine riding boat though, it rides at least as smooth as my dads champion and I dont have to worry about the stumps at Toledo Bend.

G
    Very cool rig...thanks for the info.

Thank you sir. I can't wait either...finding it hard to sleep at night.
    I hope your getting a little sleep. I'd hate to know that your doing so poorly because of so little sleep. Maybe counting sheep will help!

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    I hope your getting a little sleep. I'd hate to know that your doing so poorly because of so little sleep. Maybe counting sheep will help!
    Too funny man!! I try to count sheep but when I close my eyes its little green BOATS jumping over the gate!!! I'm losin it!!!
    Last edited by Original Tin; 04-23-2015 at 08:34 PM.

Hehehe now it's my turn! Sleepless in South Florida!!!

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

16. Member
    WHY am I just now seeing this thread. Looks like it will fly. Way too fast for me.
    Awesome looking custom rig and the hull thickness sounds great! Durable as well.

I must have missed who is building it? Don't have to mention if you don't want to. Just curious.
    Ozark Angler
    2014 Ranger RT188

(has left the forum)

17. Member
    Post #7. Got it.

So when is this bad boy due for completion again?
    Ozark Angler
    2014 Ranger RT188

(has left the forum)

18. Banned
    Hello Ozark. Should be ready in a couple weeks barring any unforeseen setbacks. I have a couple more pics to post but I'm unable to at the moment...maybe later tonight or in the morning for sure. She's painted and the rigging is under way...so far just the jack plate is on. Thanks for all your interest and advice guys. BBC rocks!!
    Last edited by Original Tin; 04-05-2015 at 01:31 AM.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozark Angler View Post
    WHY am I just now seeing this thread. Looks like it will fly. Way too fast for me.
    Awesome looking custom rig and the hull thickness sounds great! Durable as well.

I must have missed who is building it? Don't have to mention if you don't want to. Just curious.
    I'm an open book...very few secretes here. I'll tell you what I know and help out every chance I get. Heck you can follow me to my "secret" fishing spots if you wanna....if you can keep up. ~Bill
    Last edited by Original Tin; 04-29-2015 at 05:32 PM.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    Hehehe now it's my turn! Sleepless in South Florida!!!
    LOL...yup.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast