Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerSmoker View Post
    Is that Kurts old rig? 2000 or 2001?
    Yes that is. The sticker on the fender gives it away. "Dialed in at lake x"

2. Member
    Looks great!!!!!Does your Dad still have the black and yellow one?

3. Member
    u flex i think looks better for sure also the hardware is alittle more stout imo... 16inch setback max neg deg that hydro could do to one i think its like 4. something... also the uflex works with my helm i didnt have to change it

280ss on dads blew maybe 3 or 4 years ago and now has a oil makeing 250 sho :P

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    For those who asked- I actually prefer the Teleflex HELM, and the Mercury-Branded U-Flex (HD) Cylinder.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. RIP -April 30,2023
    side ram steering is the best there is. that 1 little bolt is the only thing between death and going home on a go fast rig.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Agree- they're definitely solid. Most of them use a single-bolt link as well (at least the ones I've seen), right?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. RIP -April 30,2023
    yes but much bigger hardware. side ram also keeps engine solid. the best of the best front mounts still allow engine to move. side ram is about 1 mph faster too because of the stability. oh and the seastar capilano helms allow for user adjustment on the fly. turned one way, 7 turns lock to lock. turned the other way and its 4 turns lock to lock. absolutely no comparison between the 2 steering systems. draw back to the side ram is the cost but i will never own another outboard without it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12