Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar

Re: champ/stratos shared hull (Bobs203)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bobs203 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought that might get a rise outta ya.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

2. Member
    i heard champion was puting pics of chuck norris on the bow. This way rough water will calm in fear of chuck norris kicking its butt.

3. Member

Re: (mosouthpaw)

HUH never heard the Hydrasports thing, but was told by a old factory guy that the ORIGINAL CHAMPION, was a splash of a HYDROSTREAM performance hull, which is a copy of the Molinari racing boat.....I feel thats a good thing though, in the bass world everyone is splashing or whatever....Kind of like Cobra, a mix of a Ranger 400 series and a Champion, sounds like a winner......So is everyone COMFORTABLE with the Champion vs. Genmar situation?? What would you guys buy/talk about if Genmar decides that Stratos and Ranger is more profitable and that Champion is done? Honestly what would you "very dedicated" fisherman/fisherladys run??? would you go to Ranger, Bass Cat, Triton, Skeeter, or Phoenix(stratos)???? Im not starting a war or being stupid its just that you guys are more dedicated than any group ive experienced..... It appears to someone like myself that is not familiar with Champ that they for years have simply widened their old hull style?? Is that true?? Or is the actual running surface totally different than 25 years ago??? Cause from a non-dedicated boat owner it appears that it is the same design just widened and obviously tweaked inside for this era of fishing........It seems that guys that say they are "champion for life" are not really like that, for instance, (ONE PROUD CHAMPION OWNER,RYAN), he sold his champ for a new Bass Cat Cougar, do you think that other brands have caught up on the "legendary ride" and have figureed out how to go 75-80mph while running through heavy chop.......FOLKS IM SIMPLY ASKING "REAL" QUESTIONS, NOT STARTING A WAR......I DO NOT OWN A BASS BOAT BUT HAVE SEVERAL ON THE LISTS......M.D.BEAN

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar

Re: (mdbean)

I'm Champ for life! I thought about other brands and then I woke up all sweaty. Nope no other brand for me. Now if there never was a Champion boats,,,,,, I guess I'd be still tooling around in my Hydro-Stream.

5. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar

The reference to Hydra Sports was a joke on the part of the poster...He likes to tease me and is, himself, a loyal Champion owner.

Pat Goff can recite the history of Champion Boats for you.

As for the future under the Genmar umbrella...I see only finer things. I attended the Dealer Meeting this summer and was gratified to hear Irwin Jacobs and Roger Cloutier of Genmar, both in full support of the continuing success of Champion. They will NOT decide "that Champion is done". Champion is its own company with its own budget and goals. Champion management is 2nd to none!!! For many, many years, competitors have started rumor after rumor...and that's a result of being unhappy with the competition Champion gives..

There are always going to be folks who move from brand to brand. Most of the Champion fans don't... I have owned Champions since 1990 and will never own another brand.

The Champion ride is legendary....whether the older narrower beam or the newer, wider beams. I've had both! And trust me, there is no such thing as "simply widening the beam".. A ton of knowledge and work goes into the design of each and every model...and check out the new features and instrumentation... The old slogan, "Ride and Decide", is still applicable today....

Would love to welcome you to the Champion family..

6. Member

Re: (Lea)

Thanks Lea and Championman, I like that you 2, who are very dedicated can answer a honest question and not react like I was trying to "fool around"...Im going to look indepth this winter.....Any ideas on the older closed bow sport boat, as in are they hard to find?, did they perform right? etc.....that is a very interesting concept with a killer hull, kind of the best of both worlds, sport boat with a revolutionary hull....M.D.Bean

All of us that own a ChampioN will tell you honestly that the absolute best way to verify what has been said about the ride, handling, etc., is for you to do the ever popular "ride & decide" for yourself.
    And the best way to do that is to ask a ChampioN owner. That way you will get the true story!!
    Then come back and tell us what you think.

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar

Very rare to find the Swift and the Mirage. They were something....But Champion is a bass boat/bay boat company, so they concentrate on those boats so we can have the best!!!

9. Member
    how close would it be for an 04 285 and champ 188 for the stratos to fit the champion trailer ?

10. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Start a new thread......Personally, I have no clue, but trailers are generally set up for the EXACT hull.....

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Just watch boats on a rough day there’s only a few that can run in the snot 90 percent of them are kidney busters.

12. Member
    I don’t know about stratos, but Ranger is Sharing/using the champ 220 hull in their Bahia 220. I almost bought the Bahia until I learned it was a champion hull so I found a used champ. They are exactly the same. They might be laying them up differently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12