Recessed tray drain

I finally got the nerve to take a jigsaw to my tr186 today to install a recessed trolling motor tray. I'm trying to figure out where I hook the drain tube to. It looks like theres a gap in the bottom of the boat that's a few inches high by wide, but I can't tell what it is. Anyone know if I just stick the tube in there? Is there a drain that I'm not seeing? Hopefully one you guys can help. Thanks in advance.

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

2. Member
    When you cut out the hole, did you end up in a storage box area or just the open hull area? If it is just the open hull as it sounds, letting the drain line hang in that area should be just fine. If it is a box then drill a hole in front of box about 4 inches down and run line out through that.

3. Member
    Thanks, Mark! I ended up with the empty hull, so I stuck the drank down there like you suggested. Ended up working nicely.

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

I own a 2003 TR175 and I want to add a recessed tray to my boat. I opened the rod lockers up front and felt around and it doesn't feel like there is an opening to recess the tray. There is a vertical wall that run right under my foot pedal. I was wondering if anyone has installed one on their model? Before I buy one and start cutting into the floor I want to make sure it will work correctly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by General Bassin' View Post
    I own a 2003 TR175 and I want to add a recessed tray to my boat. I opened the rod lockers up front and felt around and it doesn't feel like there is an opening to recess the tray. There is a vertical wall that run right under my foot pedal. I was wondering if anyone has installed one on their model? Before I buy one and start cutting into the floor I want to make sure it will work correctly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    This is on a Tr21, but it's basically what you are going to be looking at when you cut your hole. There is a support that you have to cut out, but it's no big deal, just take your time.

2007 Basscat Pantera II. 200hp Yamaha Hpdi.

Thanks!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by General Bassin' View Post
    I had a 2003 TR185 at one time & yours probably lookes like mine. Here is what it looked like. I cut out a template of the tray & cut down just enough so the bottom of the tray sat on the support "wall". I think someone was drunk the day they installed my support "wall" because it was very crooked. I also notched out for the drain tube. I took the tray to Home Depot & had them color match the tray. I painted the screw heads with the matching paint & it came out great.
    Good Luck
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, finished product looks great!

9. Member
    [
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike