Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Adjusted hdsi up. Was able to get intermittent bottom. Will be fine once I get my splitter and put my compact transducer on the opposite side . Thanks for all the help. John

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steakified View Post
    Hey everyone, BBC newbie.

I've engaged hummingbird support and you're able to trade in the compact transducer that comes with the helix 5/7 for the HDSI one for an upgrade charge of 85$. This only applies to unopened brand new compact transducers.
    Just purchased Helix 7 Chirp DI and was going to send to HB to do an exchange for a TM trancdures. When i opened my new box the transducer was just in a bubble wrap bag. I plan on sending it and hardware to HB, hope the change out is fast need to start fishing.

3. Member
    I am going to order HDSI because i HEAR a lot of good things, but I do not see a big difference either. Mine is going on my TM.

This is a good enough thread to deserve a bump.

One question...Is there any 2D sonar performance differences between the Compact and the HDSI?
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    This is a good enough thread to deserve a bump.

One question...Is there any 2D sonar performance differences between the Compact and the HDSI?
    No. Both are 83/200khz.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    No. Both are 83/200khz.
    Same cone angle as well....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

7. Member
    Excellent post. I wouldn't have known the difference,I did the swap,before I mounted the transducer.

8. Member
    I was quite disappointed in my HELIX 9 SI gen 1 until I bought the HD transducer. You won’t be sorry.

9. Member
    Has anyone compared the H.D. to the Compact on Helix 7 chirps? From the specs, I cant see where it could make a big difference. Helix 7 maxes out at 520mhz, the H.D. can run at least up to 800mhz.

Quote Originally Posted by bullum View Post
    Has anyone compared the H.D. to the Compact on Helix 7 chirps? From the specs, I cant see where it could make a big difference. Helix 7 maxes out at 520mhz, the H.D. can run at least up to 800mhz.
    Yes, I have. The Helix 7 doesn't have 800 kHz and adding the HDSI transducer does not add 800 kHz to the unit. You just get sharper images at the 455 kHz single frequency or 455 kHz CHIRP range.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    I just got a helix 7 chirp si g2n and have began installing it. I was having trouble get the transducer mount to fit on the step of my ranger where i had the previous transducer. In searching for ideas i stubbled across this thread. So the hd transducer will work with my unit? Not sure according HB site if it will. What is the model number of the hd transducer? Xhs 9 hdsi 180 t ?
    Last edited by mitchell301; 05-28-2018 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell301 View Post
    I just got a helix 7 chirp si g2n and have began installing it. I was having trouble get the transducer mount to fit on the step of my ranger where i had the previous transducer. In searching for ideas i stubbled across this thread. So the hd transducer will work with my unit? Not sure according HB site if it will. What is the model number of the hd transducer? Xhs 9 hdsi 180 t ?
    If course it will work with every SI model that has the standard Compact SI transducer---300 series up through Helix.
    It's the longer SI crystals in the XHS 9 HDSI 180 T, XTM 9 HDSI 180 T, and XPTH 9 HDSI 180 T that makes the difference.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Thanks Wayne. Gonna order it now. I like the mount better also.

14. Member
    bump, any one have more images of the XHS 9 HDSI 180 T unit? I saw those few in the beginning but I'm not convinced. Does the target separation improve and does seeing fish improve? thanks

15. Member
    yes and yes

just get it

Quote Originally Posted by 2marshall8 View Post
    bump, any one have more images of the XHS 9 HDSI 180 T unit? I saw those few in the beginning but I'm not convinced. Does the target separation improve and does seeing fish improve? thanks
    I took this screen shot with the 798ci SI Combo with the HDSI on the trolling motor while fishing an electric-only lake. "target separation" is pretty good. This is a creek channel and the lines are vehicle tracks that were made during lake construction.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    yah I got it and just mounted it today. will test later this week and put some posts up for others. thanks guys

18. Member
    Are the images of the fish any better? can you send any of these? thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123