2011 Skeeter SL210

I own a 2011 Skeeter SL210 that sits on a tandem axel EZ loader trailer. When I come out of the water and run the boat up the bunks to the front of the trailer the winch is always the same height as the front of the boat. I believe the winch itself was manufactured to high. I have spoken to EZ Loader a number of times about this and according to their measurements and mine the winch is the right height. I have measured the height of the bunks and again they are the right height according to EZ Loader. I am now at the point where am putting steel spacers under the front of the bunks to get them to raise the boat three inches so I can load the boat without monkeying with it like have to do now to get it on the trailer. Truthfully I am not happy with EZ Loader or Skeeter right now because of this issue. Has anyone out there especially anyone who owns a SL210 had the same problem as I have? I am real curious to know. Thanks

Back the trailer in the water less also make sure your trailer is setting level when hooked to your truck.

3. Member
    Thanks for the response. I have tried all these moves. I have played on a number of different ramps at different levels and always come up short. Some ramps are better than others but I have yet to find one that allows me to just run the boat up the trailer to the winch without having to raise the nose of the boat up to lock it into the eyebolt.

4. Member
    Mine does that when I'm on a steep ramp and I back the trailer too deep. I keep my boards as shallow as I can get away with if the ramp is steep.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HENRIES8 View Post
    I own a 2011 Skeeter SL210 that sits on a tandem axel EZ loader trailer. When I come out of the water and run the boat up the bunks to the front of the trailer the winch is always the same height as the front of the boat. I believe the winch itself was manufactured to high. I have spoken to EZ Loader a number of times about this and according to their measurements and mine the winch is the right height. I have measured the height of the bunks and again they are the right height according to EZ Loader. I am now at the point where am putting steel spacers under the front of the bunks to get them to raise the boat three inches so I can load the boat without monkeying with it like have to do now to get it on the trailer. Truthfully I am not happy with EZ Loader or Skeeter right now because of this issue. Has anyone out there especially anyone who owns a SL210 had the same problem as I have? I am real curious to know. Thanks

I assume you are power loading? If so are you tilting your motor up? I tilt mine up (significantly) to raise the bow when powering up. No problems.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HENRIES8 View Post
    I have a 2015 SL210 with the same issues. One of the main issues I see is related to the Skeeter bow design which has the underside being flat whereas most boats have an upward curve to the bow making it much more forgiving. I've considered raising my bunks slightly by adding shims of varying thicknesses to have the boat slope up ever so slightly. In hopes on the steeper ramps I'm not ramming my bow under the roller when the trailer is 1" too deep, or having to "full bore" up the trailer. While trimming the motor and throttling it I can get the nose to raise some but most park/gov't authorities frown on this technique as it washes out the end of the ramp.
    My roller support is attached with U bolts, and I've considered sliding the roller an inch forward to help allow the bow to get up before hitting it. Winching it up is difficult also as the winch sits below the boats attachment point, thus it pulls the bow slightly down while pulling forward which is counter productive when i'm trying to get the nose over the rolling. Yes, I could run the strap over the roller but once the boat gets into the proper position, the eyelet is only 2" from the roller, thus the steel hook and ring attached to the strap would be wedged between the roller and keel.
    I saw one post that noted longer main bunks would helped to get the nose up sooner.

The easiest fix to help will be moving the roller forward an inch or so to see if that helps. With the added distance it might be feasible to run the strap over the roller without the hook getting wedged on the roller.
    I might give this a try this weekend.

7. Member
    Sorry it has been awhile since I have been on this thread. Did you ever find a fix for your problem?

8. Member
    if you back your trailer back into the water an pull it up with the boards wet find the sweet spot that makes it easier to load . if your bow is not going over the roller when trying to load you are in too deep.

I’ve owned two SL210’s. I back the trailer in and have about ~ two inches of water above the diamond plate where the red line is in on the fender in the pic and never had a problem loading the boat.