bass cat eyra set up

been snooping here a while but finally have a question for you guys I have a 1998 bass cat eyra with a 1989 mercury Xr4 150 I purchased the boat and motor separate and have been restoring it for the year the lower unit on the motor was changed to the bigger hub but the prop that is on it is the smaller Hub I was kind of wondering if anyone had an idea of what pitch prop I should go with no one around here offers the option of being able to tried different props with the small hub at wot 5900 I am at 60 mph but I have no hole shot I am being told buy some people I need to start with a 24 pitch then have others telling me 21 but don't want to have to buy two or three different props thanks for your help

2. Member
    23P Tempest would probably be your best bet but the experts should be along shorlty.
    3/4 of the Earth's surface is water and 1/4 is land. Clearly god wants me to fish, not mow the lawn.

3. Pat Goff
    That would also be my 1st choice. XR4 has a funny power curve, it's a pain to setup right.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

4. Member
    Yes it is a pain but it runs awesome on the boat with a small prop so with the right prop it should be a good setup for me thanks for the input

5. Member
    Tempest, or a 23 trophy plus,buy a blow out ring and some solid plugs adjust for blowout.I have a 175 xri on mine the trophy was decent but I settled on a bravo.
    If you could get a blowout ring on your current prop it might help what's on it now?

6. Member
    It's a laser 2 24 pitch no ring no no vents plugged
    Last edited by waylen; 03-06-2015 at 09:47 AM.

7. Member
    Yup I'd hunt me up at 23P Tempest and let it ride.
    3/4 of the Earth's surface is water and 1/4 is land. Clearly god wants me to fish, not mow the lawn.

8. Member
    Thanks gunny in yall opinion is a tempest prop as fast as a laser prop just wondering if I'll loose any speed or stay around where I am now

9. Member
    Tempest should be faster. Will lift way better and carry the load better. It will better all round. Hole shot may be a little slower but you can dial that in with the plugs BTW there are a few of the 23's on the props board right now.

10. Member
    Thanks alot
    Last edited by waylen; 03-06-2015 at 07:37 PM.