2005 Ranger 521 livewell timer

I have the touch pad in my boat and everything seems to work except when I hit the livewell timer button. The L, M, H indicators light up but they've never kicked on. I checked the couple of 5 amp fuses but not sure what else to check.

2. Banned
    Can you shoot the wires at the back to ensure that you have voltage to the pumps?

3. Member
    Sure, they work when I hit the "fill" button

4. Banned
    Ahh ok

So if you hit the "pumps" button then the pumps do turn on, right?

5. Member
    Yes, they fill and pump out just fine but when I hit the timer L,M,H nothing happens. Every other button I hit on the touch pad makes a relay "click" in the fuse box, except the timer button...no click and no pump.

6. Member
    It could be that I don't actually know what needs to be "on" to get it to work (since I never owned a bass boat before :) ). Do I need the livewell "fill" buttons on AND the timer L, M, or H on?

7. Banned
    stand-by let me try something on my boat. Sorry for the delay, I was fishing!!!

After you fill the livewell, how long have you waited to see if the pumps kick on?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    I'm not exactly sure, I push the timer button and then fish for a while...then remember the button is on and and that I haven't heard anything and go turn it off. I should flip the livewell lid open next time to be sure I can hear it if it kicks on.

Yeah cuz once the well is full its hard to hear. My old 392 you can hear it run but not sure how the 521 is.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Member
    Did you ever figure this out? My 521 did the same thing during a tournament yesterday.
    2004 Ranger 521DVX

Push the aerator pumps button,turn switch to auto wait for livewells to fill.After livewells are full push the aerator timer button once,should light up the L on the button(which means pumps will run the least amount though the day,which is still quite long. I never use anything but the L setting) After you push the timer button don't touch the aerator pumps button should be all set rest of day. It will be a little bit before the pumps shut off after you hit the timer button.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

13. Member
    I know how to use the timer, it just stopped working, key pad lights up but pumps don't turn on. They will turn on manually.
    2004 Ranger 521DVX

I had this problem on mine. It ended up being the keypad itself. If you haven't yet,try pushing the timer button on the other keypad (the one you usually don't use).
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

15. Member
    I tried that too, both light up fine. Did you find that the opposite timer button would work when you had the problem?
    2004 Ranger 521DVX

Quote Originally Posted by bASSLOVER View Post
    I tried that too, both light up fine. Did you find that the opposite timer button would work when you had the problem?
    Yes I did, but don't touch the other one. From what I've gathered,the timer is integrated in the keypad
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

17. Member
    I know that this is an old post but did you ever figure out why timer was not working? Am having the same problem with my 04 521?