Alumaducer with Echomap Plus

Is anyone running a Alumaducer hooked to an Echomap Plus? If so, how is it working? I'm thinking of installing one on my Ranger RT.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

2. Member
    Maybe someone who has done it will see this and be able to answer your question on specifically what you would need to buy. That last I saw of the Alumaducer was that it came with a 4 pin "universal" connector. They sell a 4 pin to 6 pin Garmin connector. Problem is that the echomap Plus 7 and 9 inch units have a 12 pin connector. So you may have to get two adapter cables.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Maybe someone who has done it will see this and be able to answer your question on specifically what you would need to buy. That last I saw of the Alumaducer was that it came with a 4 pin "universal" connector. They sell a 4 pin to 6 pin Garmin connector. Problem is that the echomap Plus 7 and 9 inch units have a 12 pin connector. So you may have to get two adapter cables.
    Garmin makes a 4 pin to 12 pin adapter cable. I'm assuming it should work with the Alumaducer. I was hoping someone has already tried this before I go and spend the money. All I want it for is for on plane depth readings. I've adjusted the transducer on the transom every way possible but just can't get on plane readings.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

4. Member
    Garmin's 4 pin to 12 pin adapter cable that I'm familiar with won't work for that. Some of the Striker and smaller echomaps have 4 pin push connectors. That's the 4 to 12 that I am familiar with.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    I took a closer look at the cable and I see what you're talking about. I guess I'll give Vexilar a call and see what they have to say. Thanks for your help.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex