Question on Garmin lake maps

Do Garmins accept Lakemaster or Navonic maps?

2. Banned
    No on lakemaster. Yes on navionics, for now. That will likely be disabled

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    As a follow up there are 5,700 LakeVu HD lakes that are burned inside of 70s echoMap units in Garmin Chartplotters. No need to buy Navionics Premium IMO. As Buzz Light Year would say to "Infinity and Beyond" there is LakeVu Ultra HD on SD cards that takes fresh water lake mapping to another level that is quite impressive.

4. Banned
    I should have mentioned that. No need for an additional card unless you want the added features of the Max def cards At least I think that's an additional card? Everything is already built in.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    navionics has already been disabled for use on Garmin, no need for it with the lakevu.
    Special thanks to my sponsors- Team Daiwa, Garmin Electronics, Gill Technical Fishing, Bass Magnet Lures, and Upper Canada Marine.

6. Banned
    Don't bother me. My navionics chip isn't accurate anyway.

Here's the difference between lake vu on Champlain vs the garmin navionics chip I recieved. Unfortunately I guess the chip was shut down by garmin so I'm guessing if I update my graph I will loose capability
    Attached Images Attached Images

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    Here's the difference between lake vu on Champlain vs the garmin navionics chip I recieved. Unfortunately I guess the chip was shut down by garmin so I'm guessing if I update my graph I will loose capability
    i don't know much about champlain but that just looks like standard G2 charting. If you update your Garmin you will loose the ability to run the navionics. In saying that, there are a few new features that the update has and any bug fixes. I know garmin is still running their sonar boats so maybe they will make it to champlain this year. Its a very popular lake to fish and boat.
    Special thanks to my sponsors- Team Daiwa, Garmin Electronics, Gill Technical Fishing, Bass Magnet Lures, and Upper Canada Marine.

It's probably just the standard mapping. I didn't get it for mapping but figured I would just show this. Doubt they will do Champlain. It will take them about 5 years to map this place. And that's going out 200 full days a year. The Burlington vt people searched the lake for everything years ago with a side imaging deal back in the 90s and it took like 13 years to cover it all. They found like 550 wrecks or something like that.

MLF Invitationals Angler

Haus, I can't comment on 2015 update for Champlain yet. My 2014 card looks like your post. However, Garmin announced additional 1,000 lakes to have HD level upgrade support. There is a god chance Lake Champlain would have more detail then your 2014 mapping pic. I went to LakeVu lake support website and it looks like The 2015 version has more detail then 2014 mapping. I'll be able to confirm once I get my 2015 update card. That's all I can offer up at this time.

See the link for LakeVu lake support. This is current for 2015. Search Garmin LakeVü Lakes

LakeVü™ HD

• Bathymetry (>1' Contours)

Cool

MLF Invitationals Angler

12. Member
    It's worth mentioning that even though SonarCharts for Garmin (Navionics) has been disabled with the Garmin updates beginning Jan 1st 2015, those of you that have older products that have no need for software updates can still use Navionics. If your base maps on your Garmin plotter aren't good in your region, you can see what Navionics would look like for free by going to their WebApp (Navionics Webapp ). Be sure to click on the Sonar Icon on the bottom left corner. This icon will activate SonarCharts which you will see on your SonarCharts for Garmin card. Again, if its an issue of not having great detail with your current maps it is worth a little time to compare. Here are some pics that you can expect to see with the SonarCharts for Garmin:

13. Member
    >1 on Garmins website means greater then!! Don't think it means one foot contours.
    My lake in North Carolina Falls lake says >1 contours
    and are 10 foot contours. I figured this out after purchasing a new map chip thinking it was upgraded from 2014.
    If I had one suggegestion for Garmins mapping dept is to let you actually see the contours on there search for lake feature.
    It would be nice to have other options if there products will not support your lake.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos xl NC View Post
    >1 on Garmins website means greater then!! Don't think it means one foot contours.
    My lake in North Carolina Falls lake says >1 contours
    and are 10 foot contours. I figured this out after purchasing a new map chip thinking it was upgraded from 2014.
    If I had one suggegestion for Garmins mapping dept is to let you actually see the contours on there search for lake feature.
    It would be nice to have other options if there products will not support your lake.
    Yeah, with Navionics you can go to their WebApp and check out their maps. Not all maps are created equal for all lakes, so its nice to see what you're going to buy.

Navionics Webapp

15. Banned

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Do Garmins accept Lakemaster or Navonic dale hollow lake maps?
    Hi
    I should have mentioned that. No need for an additional card unless you want the added features.

I have the 2016 version of Lakeview HD map In my Echomap95, Lake Champlain is 1 foot contour with depth shading enabled.