Thread: Pantera II 1994

Pantera II 1994

would appreciate any and all comments on this model.

2. Member
    I own one and love it! Mine is dual console. Has an 89 merc 200 that will be tuned up this next winter but as of now it will run 60 gps all day long full livewells and gas tanks. And it rides like a cadillac compared to the ebbtide dyna-trak i started out in

have a 1993 dual, have a 93 200 Mariner on it, boat runs good and catches fish, can't go wrong with that boat.

4. Member
    I own a '95 single console with a 200pro XS. The ride is good, the performance will surprise you, and most importantly the boat fishes great! I would agree with bassdeer and say that you cannot go wrong with the boat! Let me know if you have any more questions, hope this helps!

5. Member
    I love my '94 PII, been using it to catch fish for 20 years. The only problem I have experienced with it is recently the wood floor around the drain has become soft. I simply placed a step over top of the drain to protect the area and found that even if I decided to repair the floor I would still leave this step in place because it makes it easier to step up on to and step off of the rear deck.

I love my 94 mines a dual console with a 150 and will run 57 tournament load.
    Cheaper to keep a kid in tourney fishing than paying attorneys to keep them out of jail !!

7. Member
    I love my '94 P-2. I have a single console with a '01 Merc EFI 200. Nice stable boat. Handles great, Rides good.

8. Member
    Thank you all/ very much appreciated

9. Member
    Any additional info or comments?

10. Member
    Love my 93 II dual console. 150 Rude intruder. Runs great and fishes better.Mine has the extended casting deck on it.

11. Member
    Hey Guys, I'm looking at a pretty 1994 Pantera II single console, with a Johnson Fast Strike 150. Anyone else run a 150 on PII from around that year? How does she do performance wise with the lower horsepower? Thanks in advance!
    I'm boatless..
    SOLD: 2016 Ranger RT188 / Mercury 115 ProXS 4S

Quote Originally Posted by JigAWorm View Post
    Hey Guys, I'm looking at a pretty 1994 Pantera II single console, with a Johnson Fast Strike 150. Anyone else run a 150 on PII from around that year? How does she do performance wise with the lower horsepower? Thanks in advance!
    I have an ‘’89 PII with a Mariner 150 EFI. I can run 58-63 with a tourney load. 58 is with about 450 lbs. of people in it. It drives and rides like a dream, really fun boat to go down the lake in. No one builds them like Basscat.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonpride40 View Post
    I have an ‘’89 PII with a Mariner 150 EFI. I can run 58-63 with a tourney load. 58 is with about 450 lbs. of people in it. It drives and rides like a dream, really fun boat to go down the lake in. No one builds them like Basscat.
    Thanks for the input, sir! That is certainly plenty of speed for me! Is the holeshot respectable as well? Thanks in advance .. Roll Tide!
    I'm boatless..
    SOLD: 2016 Ranger RT188 / Mercury 115 ProXS 4S

Quote Originally Posted by JigAWorm View Post
    Thanks for the input, sir! That is certainly plenty of speed for me! Is the holeshot respectable as well? Thanks in advance .. Roll Tide!
    With me by myself and loaded with tackle the holeshot is great. That changes a little bit with someone else larger than me sitting next to me. It’s still not bad. I’m running a 23P Tempest. Roll Tide to you as well sir.

15. Member
    Loved my 94. I repowered up to a 99 Johnson 200. Was running 65+ this winter, but my hands got too cold to push it any farther. The boat handled great in rough water on Wheeler & Guntersville, but was still fast enough in calmer conditions. The fishing platform was stable, and I was happy with the layout on the front deck. My favorite part of that boat may have been the dual 26 gallon gas tanks, so even with a gas hog for a motor, I had a HUGE range for a 19'. Incidentally, that boat is for sale now as I just got a deal on a Cougar...

16. Member
    I have a 93 with a 200 Merc. XRI and it has been flawless, It is my first bassboat and it won't be my last BassCat!

17. Member
    I own a 94 single console. Had a 150 Yamaha on it when I bought it and I saw 58-60 with it. I have re-powered with a 200 HPDI and I have seen 72 but there is a little more if I could drive it. I too have the soft spot in the floor that I need to address as well as some rot in the front tackle storage. I think that is because I have to store it with the bow down and I have left water in there in the past. Good riding boat, my only complaint is no rear storage.

That soft floor is usually started by fatigue from use. It starts in two areas, most common is where your left foot hits when stepping from behind the console, 6” right of the rear drain.

19. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    You would like it. They run and perform as well as anything built today in the 19 ft class. Just missing some of the interior upgrades.