Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    tucson, az.
    Posts
    2,018
    #41
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    I have 15'' load range D Carlisle ST tires and they clearly say 65psi on the sidewall. I have no problem airing them to that pressure, they're made for it.
    +1

  2. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Murray ky, ky lake
    Posts
    4,872
    #42
    Goodyear Endurance Tires at 65pds its a d grade tire.

  3. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Elephant Butte, NM 87935
    Posts
    4,288
    #43
    This has been a good read today. My 2014 tandem Boatmate came with Trail Master ST20575R14's with a C load rating. I had a tire go flat yesterday, took it off and to a tire shop, they showed me where it was starting to separate. Also the out edge of that tire and the one in front of it shows being into the wear rib. I run the tires between 45 to 50 psi and have probably less than 10,000 miles. I have a couple of questions as tires can confusing. Looks like a D rated tire is the way to go based on the speed they are rated for. Looking into the Goodyear Endurance and Carlisle trailer tires unless there is a better choice, is there a reason why car or LT tires shouldn't be used? Also what would make them ware out that fast, the other side tires don't look as bad but if I need two, I will replace all and keep the original new spare. What about changing tire size with a shorter side wall while maintaining the same or close diameter, are there any pros or cons to this thought.

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Malvern, Arkansas
    Posts
    2
    #44

    Old Champion Mean 15

    I bought an older Champion boat and trailer 9/3/18. It has been sitting for 7 yrs and was completely stripped of everything. I mean everthing except the steering wheel and cable. My question is are there any other locations that could have a serial number located on it or in it as its gone. I bought it for a fixer upper. I put new hubs and bearings on it and it pulled straight and really well. Bought it for a $100 and trailer was worth that at least. Also, the nose ring for the strap is gone also. How hard would it be to put a new one on it?
    Thanks.

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    108
    #45
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    I have 15'' load range D Carlisle ST tires and they clearly say 65psi on the sidewall. I have no problem airing them to that pressure, they're made for it.
    Why? If you have tandem trailer Does your boat weigh 8000Lbs. Even at single axle does your boat and trailer weigh 4000lbs.

  6. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    108
    #46
    Under inflated tires wear the outsides of the tread, Over inflated tire wear the center. Your not just supposed to run the MAX the tire can handle unless your load is requiring it. Most bass boats fully loaded with the trailer maybe 3500lbs. Each tire on tandem axle only needs to carry 875lbs.

  7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SW Indiana
    Posts
    21,949
    #47
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    Under inflated tires wear the outsides of the tread, Over inflated tire wear the center. Your not just supposed to run the MAX the tire can handle unless your load is requiring it. Most bass boats fully loaded with the trailer maybe 3500lbs. Each tire on tandem axle only needs to carry 875lbs.
    Manufacturers recommend the be run at max pressure because you lose both load capacity and speed rating with under inflation. I’ve never seen a case of a radial tire wearing in the center from running at max pressure on a trailer.
    Remember, Happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.

  8. Member SoonerFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Posts
    11,285
    #48
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    Why? If you have tandem trailer Does your boat weigh 8000Lbs. Even at single axle does your boat and trailer weigh 4000lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    Under inflated tires wear the outsides of the tread, Over inflated tire wear the center. Your not just supposed to run the MAX the tire can handle unless your load is requiring it. Most bass boats fully loaded with the trailer maybe 3500lbs. Each tire on tandem axle only needs to carry 875lbs.
    Because under inflation and too high speed are the kiss of death for trailer tires. I run about 90 miles at interstate highway speed, 70 to 75 mph each way. No way am I going to do that with under inflated tires.

    Trailer tires should be run at max pressure, anyone that knows what their talking about will tell you that.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    108
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Because under inflation and too high speed are the kiss of death for trailer tires. I run about 90 miles at interstate highway speed, 70 to 75 mph each way. No way am I going to do that with under inflated tires.

    Trailer tires should be run at max pressure, anyone that knows what their talking about will tell you that.
    I run just as fast and just as far as you. Never said anything about running under inflated. Just about the effects. This thread posted what loads the tire could carry per PSI. I do not run MAX air pressure on my tandem axle trailer. Nor do I run what I consider to be under inflated. Have had this rig since '98 and have towed for 34 years. I have had one flat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123