Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    At the classic expo. Awesome. Works with the 7600 series I am considering. Spoke with Lowrance rep and gen3 12" still a month out.

2. Banned
    I loved the size of the 7612sxv But it seemed small after the demo on the 16. Wonder if my ram mount would hold it

I can't get screen shots for you Grout, but I had them pull Lanier up for me so I could check my spots. They were all dead on and navionics is not. Keep in mind that every lake local to me are all max def lakes. I also loved the weather and audio options available
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 02-22-2015 at 07:12 AM.

3. Member
    Dont we all? Dont we all??!!

4. Member
    Myself also! They may just be trying to keep up with the Joneses. correct us if Im wrong someone

what exactly do fisherman need to catch fish? sure looks pretty though.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

I'm lucky living in Alabama. Every major fishing reservoir has LakeVu Ultra HD support except for Lake Martin. That's outstanding coverage would be worth it for every Alabama fisherman considering Garmin to buy the LakeVu Ultra HD SD-Card IMO.
    Last edited by deepanchor; 02-22-2015 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Deep, get me a full screen chart shot of one of your lakes. Have the gps coords on it, I want to compare it to my Navionics & insight maps. The ones you have shown the other day weren't very good with details/contours.

Not the whole lake, but maybe a small section of a main lake river channel or channel bend. Something like that that will have to have a lot of contours & detail.
    Already posted. See my recent post (new thread). All screen shots on Lay Lake. Enough of Lay Lake. I'll be posting more on Smith and Guntersville in the future. The pics Troyboy is positng is exactly what I'm seeing on my Garmin's. No difference.

8. Banned
    I'll say it again. The mapping I saw was excellent. The one thing I was worried about switching from humminbird was the loss of lakemaster mapping. The garmin mapping looked exactly the same with even more features, and 90% of that is built into the unit. No need for a max def mapping card unless you want some additional features like sat over lays and auto guidance. I should have gotten a close up of the lake level offset, shallow water highlight and depth range. It's lakemaster on steroids.

TroyBoy, Very soon I'll put lake level offset to it's paces. As for depth range shading it's very easy to use. I tell you all the advertising shots I've seen is no different then what I'm seeing on my graphs. LakeVu HD Ultra is the real deal as well as Garmin units. Also, no setup is regard once sharing is turn on between units with ethernet. Put the LakeVu HD Ultra SD-Card in the unit and it automatically shares the map with the other unit. Simple and what I'd hope to expect. I couldn't be happier with my switch from Lowrance HDS8 and HDS7 over to Garmin 70dv and Garmin 840XS. However, after seeing that 16" screen.... Just kidding. It's be nice to have no doubt but I'm very happy with my setup bot 7" echoMap 70dv, Garmin 840XS and GVC-10 setup. Oh, I really like my depth range shading too. Helps me focus more on my mapping when I fish.

Yesterday on Lay Lake: I was targeting contour breaks near flats in 10-16' of water for staging fish. You can see the depth range shading option in the drop down menu.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234