Banned

Digital Trim Gauge for my 60

Don I'm pretty sure I've asked this before I think but being old and senile I can't remember. Does my 60 have the digital trim output or can be added? I'm wanting to add a digital trim gauge ( I know I can do analog ). I don't remember seeing any trim sender output wires inside my console and my service manual doesn't mention it either (as to the trim sender harness). Serial # of my motor is in my signature line.

Reason I ask is I'm now wanting to add a digital gauge because its very difficult for me to rotate my body/neck to see the position of the outboard trim when sitting in the seat. Having the guage (prefer digital) would be ideal. I would also have to add this gauge to a gauge holder to attach to the top of my console (no more dash area for gauges after putting in a water pressure gauge in place of the speedo). Being handicap is a pain sometimes, and I prefer NOT to look when the boat is moving (its that old and senile thing)

Too dang cold for my old body to be out there digging in the dash area, but it won't be long now.

2. Banned
    On and added note, yes, I know my MercMonitor won't sense this so just looking to add a digital trim gauge. Course it would be cool if I could just add a junction box (I have one) to add maybe a SC100 gauge? (if that's possible)

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Digital Trim is not available on your 60 Fourstroke (the PCM is simply not equipped with the circuitry, nor the engine with the wiring).

Analog is your only (viable) option there.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Banned
    ahhh crap, ok analog it is Now to find a gauge holder to mount somewhere on the console to hold it in my view. (thinking something for auto uses might work with some silicone on the mounting flange to keep water out.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Might try a google search for "Marine Gauge Pod".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Banned
    ooooh I did find one I liked and I bought it (only one available)

That looks good. If I recall you factory gauge panel has that carbon fiber look. I have the analog teleflex premier trim gauge on mine Charles and it has worked great and seems to be very consistent. Wiring should already be there under the dash to mine was.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That should work nicely.

9. Banned
    Yep, have to dig it out from that harness I just rewrapped after the water pump gauge and the alarm indicator lights install. , BUT its gonna have to warm up some. Yesterday wasn't bad, in the low 50's, today, I don't think it got to 32 yet, gonna be like that for the next several days oh well, come on spring. I doubt I'll have a heated unit for the boat anytime in my lifetime