Finally got out with my new Garmin Electronic and Garmin LakeVu mapping

I had about 3 hours of boat time yesterday. Finally!!! Garmin impressed me with no thoughts of wavering switching away from a different established freshwater brand. My GVC-10 SideVu and DownVu is excellent to better. Garmin's 840XS ease of use is more intuitive to operate and I only played with the units features for limited time yesterday. Also, I got caught up driving my boat. That was even more fun. However, gotta say LakeVu Ultra HD MaxDef mapping is rock solid awesome. No disappointment there. I have lots to learn with a different hardware technology. As I get more time on these units I'll share more of my experiences. Garmin is a serious freshwater player worth considering.

2. Banned
    This thread is worthless without pics

3. Member
    So the XS does side view too? I don't see it in the specs.

840XS SideVu/DownVu needs the GVC-10 black box. I tell you the Black Box is bigger then I expected. I'll post pics of my install when I get home this weekend.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    This thread is worthless without pics
    Yup. All I see is opinions, opinions........

6. Member
    Good to here...My 1040XS and GCV10 are being installed this week...Can't wait to give them a work out

Quote Originally Posted by MEFelber View Post
    Good to here...My 1040XS and GCV10 are being installed this week...Can't wait to give them a work out
    I've probably spent total forty minutes so far on my Electronis. I've got a new boat so I've been boating and fishing. Heck new boat is always distraction. First impressions. SideVu/DownVu is easier to see in the Sun Light then my HDS Structure scan. It might be the color helping Garmin but I don't the get the wash out like I did with my HDS8. Other possible reasons is I have Precision Sonar console mount. I can adjust the screen angle so that might be helping too. Although, I wasn't adjusting my screen because of screen glare or wash out last time out.

So far my fav experience is Garmin's LakeVu mapping has impressed me. It's straight forward and easy to be impressed. MEfelber you will be impressed. It's simple and straight forward. As for those anxious to see pics be patient. I just got this unit. I sure wasn't on the water thinking I had to take pics the first time out. I'm a weekender fisherman and have new experiences so it's going to take some time to get acclimated vs the years I had with my HDS8. Pics will come when I figure out how to screen capture.

I'm quite impressed with echoMap70dv touch screen at the bow. I have both touch and button operation units on my boat. Touch is nice but I sure don't say I wish I had it on my 840XS. Personal preference and respect differing views. The Garmin's are quite impressive so far. Technology always is moving fast but right now at this moment I feel like I'm ahead of the curve because Garmin's LakeVu Ultra HD MaxDef mapping. I couldn't be happier with my switch to Garmin.

8. Member
    Cool. To do screenshots you have to first have a micrSD chip in. Then you simply push and hold the HOME button.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

9. Banned
    Well at least post pics of the boat and graph install & ducers so we can see how it all looks.