Question 2003 skeeter zx200 storage space

Lookin at a skeeter zx200. Unfortunately it is about 13 hours away so I wont have the privilege of checking it over before I make the trip to purchase it. Ive heard the storage is great but cant find any actual dimensions of the rod lockers. Am I gonna be able to fit my flippin sticks and my 7'11" big cranker in there?? Any other comments about the rig or the Yamaha 200hp vmax hpdi are appreciated as well.

2. Member
    You can see the original Skeeter brochure here.
    2003 Skeeter Boats

I have a 2000 ZX202 which is 20'2" and can fit up to 8' rods easy. I have the Ox66, so I don't know much about the HPDI. It would be good to have detailed maintenance records so that you know when things have been replaced. I have been slowly going through mine so that I know when things have been done. Just looking at the motor, I have: replaced fuel filter, replaced low pressure pumps, replaced VST filter, replaced plugs, replaced impeller, cleaned O2 sensor, replaced fuel bulb, and had the injectors cleaned and adjusted. The boat ran OK before I went through it, but it runs like a top now, is very smooth, and smokes less (had 4 injectors that were rich). The main point is that unless there are detailed records, you don't know when the maintenance items were done and be prepared to start working through them. Outside of the items listed, I had to change my prop shaft and seals as well. I missed that the prop shaft was slightly bent and fishing line wrapped around the prop shaft that cased a seal failure.

Here's a link to the HPDI maintenance schedule so that you can ask when each of the maintenance items were done.
    Maintenance Schedule

Sim Yamaha has been a great source for parts at a good price.

3. Member
    Awesome thanks a lot.

4. Member
    I have an 04 TZX 200. I can get my 7/11 rods in 3 of the rod tubes. Just be careful putting them in or taking them out. I use the tubes closest to the center of the boat.

5. Member
    skeeter turned out to be a scam.. killed my hopes and dreams. Still searching for my next vessel tho any help would be greatly appreciated. i'll travel as far as it takes. Thanks again guys.

That's a bummer; hope you find what your looking for.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

7. Member
    thanks brother im searching relentlessly

8. Member
    not sure if you would be interested considering I live in ga but I've got an 04 skeeter tzx 200 with 200 yam ox66 boat is in excellent condition I'm 2nd owner put new 24v mk Maxum 80# tm new hb 998csi 858c new carpet and a whole bunch if other things sits on tandem axle trailer
    Haven't listed the boat yet but will by the end of the week gonna ask 19500 but will nego

9. Member
    Can send pics if you would like just pm an email address
    It needs a bath but it's in good shape

10. Member
    Sounds like a beautiful boat but i just dont have that kind of cash yet, im sure youll have no problem getting what youre asking if you list it. If its still on the market in a month or two let me know hopefully i'll have expanded my budget by then. @bharper